Announcements
Join Customer Connection to register!
Views
Helpful
Replies
pdub206
Beginner

IWAN 2.2.1 interdc-path-preference

I've recently enabled the new inter-dc optimization feature between two redundant DMVPN hub sites.  I'm currently running IOS-XE 16.6.3.

https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/ios-xml/ios/pfrv3/configuration/xe-16-6/pfrv3-xe-16-6-book/pfrv3-inter-dc.html

After defining the DCI paths and enabling the inter-dc advanced feature, I can see the DCI service provider interfaces on the hub master controller.  So that's good :)

However upon doing further verification steps I do not see any traffic channels being created for either service provider.  It appears no smart probes are running over these service provider paths.  I also noticed upon looking at my master policy that the "InterDC-policy-list" still shows my normal service provider interfaces ISP1 and ISP2 being used for the interdc-path-preference.

My question now is what further configuration must be added to enable the inter-dc path control? I have not manually defined the interdc-path-preference under each traffic class yet but intend on doing so.  I am curious whether that will begin the smart probe process or not over each DCI service provider interface, or if I am missing something else.

Any feedback would be greatly appreciated.  Thank you!

Throwing packets since 2012
0 REPLIES 0