Views
Helpful
Replies

l2tpv3 tunnel from multiple locations to a single data center location

jrtuckiii
Level 1
Level 1

Hi everyone, 

I have six R&D remote locations running tests on a test VLAN 996.  I need these six remote locations to contact a test network in a data center that is also on VLAN996.  The remotes locations are using Cisco 3845s and the data center is using a Cisco ASR1001.  I need to span this VLAN 996 from the six locations's Cisco 3845s to the data center's ASR1001.   I see that I can only create a single xconnect statement under the VLAN 996 sub-interface on the ASR1001.  Is there any way to create multiple xconnect statements under the sub-interface or is there another way to configure this?  Thank you for the help in advance.

John

3 Replies 3

shanemoss
Level 1
Level 1

John,

If you running MPLS between locations this can be done using - MPLS Point-to-Multipoint Traffic Engineering: Support for Static Pseudowires

see http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/ios/mpls/configuration/guide/mp_te_p2mp_static.html#wp1054141

Otherwise I don't think that it's possible. S.

Just to clarify, we are running BGP to the IXC/ISP CE routers that does the MPLS for us through their cloud.  I am wondering if I can run or tunnel VPLS somehow.  

Hi mate,

I don't think you can achieve your goal using L2TP v3. I suggest you try about VPLS over GRE.

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card