cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Locally originated route with an higher AD will be prefered over the BGP learnt route?

raghav.rai
Level 1
Level 1

Hi All,

Please refer the diagram.

I have a requirement to add a static route on a hub router pointing to the secondary network and advertise it into MPLS cloud. 10.0.0.0/24 is the LAN subnet which is already learnt via MPLS at hub location. If I add a static route at hub pointing the 4G network with an AD of 100 and advertise them using network statement into MPLS cloud by adding AS_PATH, does hub router will remove the 10.0.0.0/24 subnet learnt from MPLS because there is a locally originated route which is getting advertised into BGP ?? If yes, what is the solution for this problem?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Hello,

set the weight on the MPLS neighbor to 65535 (the highest value). The weight of the locally originated route is 32768 by default, so the higher weight is preferred.

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

Hello,

set the weight on the MPLS neighbor to 65535 (the highest value). The weight of the locally originated route is 32768 by default, so the higher weight is preferred.

Thank you Georg Pauwen.

I think that is the solution for my problem.

However, Is there any other option to make MPLS routes preferred over the locally originated static routes just by tweaking the new static route related configurations, without touching the existing MPLS neighbor attributes?

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card