cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Looking to get a little help here. Facing issue with ISR4331

n9890594
Level 1
Level 1

Our issues have to do with replacing our Cisco 2921 routers due to End of Life with a new Cisco ISR 4331 . We installed NIDS to have a check on errors on the circuit, which appear to be clean.

So the cisco 2921 worked without any issues with the spectrum circuit and then we upgraded to ISR 4331 which had the same configuration as the CISCO 2921s and we are facing issues with the ISR4331s having speed issues , yes I have checked the duplex settings and speed settings.

9 Replies 9

Hello,

Did you check the license? Not sure if it applies but to utilize the throughput to its fullest capacity you need a full license. You can enable a trial one for 60 days I believe. Check the article below:

https://knowtoshare.wordpress.com/2016/12/18/cisco-isr-4331-throughput-capacity/

Hope that helps

-David

I tried putting in sh License Feature , but it doesn't bring up anything other than this. Please check the attachment below.

this is the license I have

Hello,

it looks like you are running the 4331 with the default license, which means the aggregate throughput is 100MB. In order to get more throughput, you need the Performance License (300MB) or the Boost License (>2GB).

Yeah that's because I have connected a 20mbps circuit to the router for which I believe the default license should suffice, right? 

Hello,

a 20Mbps circuit should definitely not be a problem. Can you post the output of:

show interfaces x

where 'x' is the outgoing interface connected to the ISP ?

Hello
show license all

Please rate and mark as an accepted solution if you have found any of the information provided useful.
This then could assist others on these forums to find a valuable answer and broadens the community’s global network.

Kind Regards
Paul

I have attached the result of show license all. Please review and advise

n9890594
Level 1
Level 1

Can someone please help me?

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card