cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Making two packets

dschlic1
Level 1
Level 1

We have an application where a device needs to send packets or messages to two different destinations. The source device however is limited to only sending out one packet or message to one IP address. We have a Cisco series 3000 switch/router with IP services in the system. What we need is to take the packet from the source device and send out two packets to two different IP addresses.

We might be able to use multicasting, however that might be an uphill battle as nothing in the system is really setup for multicasting.

6 Replies 6

Deepak Kumar
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi,

It seems some difficult but I have an idea as SPAN but I am not fully sure that it will work for you or not. 

Regards,

Deepak Kumar 

Regards,
Deepak Kumar,
Don't forget to vote and accept the solution if this comment will help you!

balaji.bandi
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Can you please explain, how is exiting arrangment sending to 1 Destination IP, how you doing. show us your config.

so we can look and advise what is feasible solution for you to replicate same traffic to different destinations.

BB

***** Rate All Helpful Responses *****

How to Ask The Cisco Community for Help

Hello 

not really enough information regards your need to send packet source from one device to 2 different destinations-

What type of traffic is this-

Are  these two destinations in the same network?

can you please elaborate?

Please rate and mark as an accepted solution if you have found any of the information provided useful.
This then could assist others on these forums to find a valuable answer and broadens the community’s global network.

Kind Regards
Paul

I have attached a diagram of the application. Consider the network the 3750 switch. The remotes can only be configured with one master/unsolicited response IP address. If the primary server goes down, then the unsolicited responses get dropped. What I would like to happen is in the 3750 switch, the packet coming from the RTU gets duplicated, one to each of the servers. Hope this helps.

For some reason, I have e-mail me if someone replaies is checked, but I didn't get any e-mails.

Redundancy.jpg

For much of the month of March the community web site was undergoing maintenance and during that time the Email notifications were disabled. There is an announcement about that near the top of the community web pages. The Email notifications are now enabled again. So you should receive notifications about recent posts in the discussion.

HTH

Rick

HTH

Rick

Yes I received notification for your posting.

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card