cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

MPLS + Internet failover

williamehmke1
Level 1
Level 1

I am trying to setup dual failover between a MPLS circuit and a broadband circuit back to my Data Center. Right now I have the MPLS connected to a Cisco router and the broadband connection connected to a ASA. All DC related traffic goes out the MPLS (BGP) and all internet traffic goes out the ASA. I have IP SLA setup on the router so when the broadband circuit goes down all internet traffic gets routed across the MPLS circuit and out the internet connection at my DC. What I am trying to accomplish is have failover for MPLS traffic back to my DC setup across the internet connection and have it setup in such a way that it is automatic. Is this even possible as an automatic dual process?

Thanks

4 Replies 4

Jaderson Pessoa
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hello,

Could you provide all configuration about your track?

Does your track configuration has a decrement configured?

Jaderson Pessoa
*** Rate All Helpful Responses ***

balaji.bandi
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

We suggest to post the current running config, some topology to review.

BB

***** Rate All Helpful Responses *****

How to Ask The Cisco Community for Help

Hello

without looking at your topology and just on the basis of your description it sounds feasible to accomplish- 

Conditional route advertisment - iWAN with Oer (PrF) or even just policy based routing are a few features that come to mind at this time however as others have stated on this post it would be good to see some topology so to review it 

Please rate and mark as an accepted solution if you have found any of the information provided useful.
This then could assist others on these forums to find a valuable answer and broadens the community’s global network.

Kind Regards
Paul

Sorry all, for some reason I wasn't notified that any anyone responded. Attached is a diagram showing how things are setup and an example of the failover (track 1) that takes the interent traffic and sends it across the MPLS when the internet goes down. I need to determine if failover can work the other way. Can I failover my MPLS traffic when the MPLS circuit goes down?

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card