Views
Helpful
Replies

MPLS/ISP routers for Data Centers

Yuvi1983
Level 1
Level 1

Hi All,

I am looking the Cisco routers for our Data center connectivity.

I have multiple ISP's & I like to purchase the Cisco routers.

I have DC & DR at different location & different ISPs,

What could be good router model to purchase? 

Thanks & Best Regards

Yuvaraj Karvekar 

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Look at the Catalyst 8000 range.  

Upgrade Today and Save: Cisco Catalyst 8000

Overview

If you have an existing Cisco Integrated Services Router G2 (ISR G2), Cisco 4000 Series Integrated Services Router (ISR 4000), or Cisco ASR 1000 Series Aggregation Services Router (ASR 1000), you can upgrade to Cisco Catalyst SD-WAN with a Cisco DNA Software for SD-WAN and Routing license. Cisco then offers optimized pricing for your network refresh: up to 38% off Catalyst 8200 Series Edge Platforms, up to 28% off Catalyst 8300 and 8500L Series Edge Platforms, and up to 18% off Catalyst 8500 Series Edge Platforms. Additionally, if you select the Cisco DNA Advantage software subscription, you will get 33% off your term of choice. This offer is exclusive to Cisco routing customers and includes an optional switch or cellular PIM module on the 8300 Series, and a cellular module on the 8200 Series at 50% off list price.

View solution in original post

8 Replies 8

Leo Laohoo
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

How big is the WAN link now?

How big will the WAN link grow in the next 3- and 5 years?

WAN links current 100MX2
WAN links growth now required 1GX2
WAN links grow in 3 -years 10GX2

In the 20+ years I have been in this business, I have never seen a bandwidth expressed in "mx2" or "gx2" before.  

Would you mind explaining what these two unit of measurement mean?

I mean

I have two links of 100Mbps today on two different routers

I am upgrading the Bandwidth to 1G in near few days ( 1 month time )
& for 3 years 10G

Hello @Yuvi1983 

Given your current and future bandwidth requirements—upgrading from 100 Mbps to 1 Gbps soon and planning for 10 Gbps in the next three years—selecting a router that can handle these transitions smoothly and provide the necessary performance and features is crucial.

The Cisco C8500-12X4QC and ASR 1002-HX are powerful routers designed for high-performance network environments. The C8500-12X4QC excels with up to 40 Gbps throughput, advanced SD-WAN capabilities, and multiple 1 GE, 10 GE, and 40 GE ports, making it ideal for high-speed WAN aggregation and future scalability. Meanwhile, the ASR 1002-HX supports up to 100 Gbps throughput with high-density 10 GE ports, offering robust performance, full redundancy options, and modular scalability to handle immediate upgrades to 1 Gbps and future growth to 10 Gbps. Both models provide advanced security features and redundancy, ensuring reliability and future-proofing for data center and disaster recovery needs.

Datasheet:

https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/products/collateral/routers/catalyst-8500-series-edge-platforms/datasheet-c78-744089.html

https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/products/routers/asr-1002-hx-router/index.html

Portfolio Cisco routers:

https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/products/routers/product-listing.html

Best regards
.ı|ı.ı|ı. If This Helps, Please Rate .ı|ı.ı|ı.

Look at the Catalyst 8000 range.  

Upgrade Today and Save: Cisco Catalyst 8000

Overview

If you have an existing Cisco Integrated Services Router G2 (ISR G2), Cisco 4000 Series Integrated Services Router (ISR 4000), or Cisco ASR 1000 Series Aggregation Services Router (ASR 1000), you can upgrade to Cisco Catalyst SD-WAN with a Cisco DNA Software for SD-WAN and Routing license. Cisco then offers optimized pricing for your network refresh: up to 38% off Catalyst 8200 Series Edge Platforms, up to 28% off Catalyst 8300 and 8500L Series Edge Platforms, and up to 18% off Catalyst 8500 Series Edge Platforms. Additionally, if you select the Cisco DNA Advantage software subscription, you will get 33% off your term of choice. This offer is exclusive to Cisco routing customers and includes an optional switch or cellular PIM module on the 8300 Series, and a cellular module on the 8200 Series at 50% off list price.

Yuvi1983
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Leo, 

Thank you for the reply, I am having some budge constrains:) C8500 very costly  

Looking any other series routers, the routers I am looking only for the DC to Azure connectivity. 

Basic MPLS link of 1G connecting on it. The main purpose of this router is just DC to Azure connectivity using the ExpressRoute over MPLS. 

Any other router please? 

Thank you ..Yuvi 

Hello @Yuvi1983 

A refurbished Cisco ASR 1002 router can be a cost-effective solution for DC to Azure connectivity using ExpressRoute over MPLS...

Known for its reliability, the ASR 1002 offers redundancy, integrated security features, and modular interface options, making it adaptable to growing traffic loads and various network applications.

When opting for refurbished equipment, ensure it comes from a reputable vendor offering a warranty and support, as Cisco Certified Refurbished Equipment typically includes these assurances along with thorough testing and quality assurance.

Research authorized Cisco resellers, compare prices and support options, and verify the technical specifications to ensure the refurbished ASR 1002 meets your network’s specific needs, thus balancing performance and budget constraints effectively.

Best regards
.ı|ı.ı|ı. If This Helps, Please Rate .ı|ı.ı|ı.
Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card