Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Need help in accessing internet from LAN

Dear friends,

We have in our network one router with 2 Gigabit ethernet connections and one is being used as 10 mbps access link for mpls and another coonected to switch .Another router with 2 Gigabit ethernet interface is there where 10 mbps Internet Leased Line is terminated.Now  how will users be able to access Internet from LAN?

Pls help me in this direction.

6 Replies 6

pls post ur network diagram? also let me know whether you are using proxy/websense in your setup??

Dear Friend, many many thanks 4 response.

one MPLS Router is there.It's one Gigbyte etherenet interface is used for accessing MPLS and another interface is connected to Local lan switch.

Another router is for internet.10 mbpls Leased Internet is terminated at Gigabyte ethernet port.

This is a new network setup and to be designed.I am looking for suggestion/the ways such that users from LAN will be able to reach other branch sites through MPLS and also be able to access internet.No proxy is running.This is the intention. But how to achieve that?

If proxy server solves the problem,then how to do that. Pls elaborate me in details.

Thanks

Hi.

I want to help you, but I need some information.

what IP address have on LAN SWITCH?

what IP address have on MPLS Router interface to your local lan?

what IP address have on Internet Router interface to your Internet Service Provider?

Are 3 on the same segment?

DS

Rahul Kukreja
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

the simple suggestion would be in this is :

Say on R1 - you have mpls link terminated from were you learn all the LAN subnets from other sites.

On  R2 - you have an internet link.

R1---------------R2

|

|

LAN Switch

Under interface on r1 >>>>>>>>>> ip policy route-map setnexthop

route-map setnexthop permit 10

match ip address   >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Set the next hop to mpls peer for lan subnets

set ip next-hop

route-map setnexthop permit 20

set ip next-hop >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Set the next hop to R2 for all other subnets

Regs,

Rahul

Hello Rahul,

I understand that below is the setup from nishith post. There are 2 seperate routers available for both mpls & internet connectivity.If your switch is L3 cabable then you can route the mpls traffic towards R1 and rest of the traffic i.e default route can be pointed to Internet router R2. If you don't have L3 switch for LAN, then you can go for PBR as said by Rahul.

<<<>>>>

Under LAN interface of  R1 (Interface connected to lan switch) >>>>>>>>>> ip policy route-map setnexthop

route-map setnexthop permit 10

match ip address   >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Set the next hop to mpls peer for lan subnets

set ip next-hop

route-map setnexthop permit 20

set ip next-hop >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Set the next hop to R2 LAN IP for all other subnets

<<<>>>>

Branch Office

|

|

|

MPLS

|

|

|

R1

|

|

|

LAN Switch----------R2----------ISP-------Internet Cloud    

HTH,

Bava

Dear all friends,

Thank you for taking interest in my problem.A complete WAN setup consisting of ASA,Load balancer,Router,Leased Internet and MPLS link with hundreads of branch site s is being implented. Pls help me in designing this.

A partial netdiagram as designed by me is attached.In future 2 link load balancer of Radware for multhoming between 2 ISPs, and one more ASA will be added in the network.

Dear friends I'm going to design and implement this setup from scratch and  ur valuable inputs with diagram is expected

LAN IP POOL:10.120.0.0/24

WAN IP POOL:170.32.65.0/30

PUBLIC IP POOL:118.238.22.208-233/28 (for example)

Right now my question is:

1.First of all ,is the design correct?

2.Where (ASA or Internet Router) should NAT be configured for local users to be able to access internet.?

3.What IP (Public or Private) be given in GigabitEthernet0/0 of Internet Router.? I thnk it is public since it is attached to Outside interface of ASA  .

I'll be asking series of questions later.

Thank you.

N.B.--Pls find netdiagram in attachment

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card