cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

OSPF Flapping

mazlan.alatif
Level 1
Level 1

I have problem with my OSPF network. It seems that my OPSF network is not stable. It keep refreshing even there is no convergence/changing in our network. This happen let say after 2,3 minutes, but sometimes within 1 hour. Is also affected our static routes that we distributes to OSPF (E2). Why my E2 also affected?

18 Replies 18

Hi Harold,

I am also having same issue. OSPF neighborship flapping continuously .

We are not able to find the root cause.

can you please help me out,

gaurav_saxena
Level 1
Level 1

Do you have some edge router in OSPF and having customer links connected to it? If you are using redistribute connected under ospf config, than it will result in spf re-calculation for every instance of any customer link flapping.

I have seen a similar occurrence due to the broadcast queue being overloaded. broadcast packets are dropped and this results in ospf hellos not getting through. you can check the queue and manaully increase the buffer if you see any being dropped.

In some topologies with redistribution it's possible to have recursive routing loop. I'm not sure if this is your case but it'd be helpful if you can give us a clear picture on your network topology and the configuration of every routers.

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card