cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Packet Tracer Diagram

mnijhum
Level 1
Level 1

Can anyone help me to draw the diagram of this network? Just the six routers' position and the connection and I will be able to do the rest. 

In Westeros, there are seven kingdoms as follows along with their population size and other characteristics of each kingdom:

1. The North – Population size: 200
    1. The North, being the kingdom on the border, connects to the Internet (Outside the wall). Consequently, all the other kingdoms communicate with the outside world via the North kingdom.
    2. Has enough budget to buy 2 real IPs only.

2. The Mountain and The Vale – Population size 80

1. The Vale has a restaurant called ‘A Restaurant has No Name’ and uses 10 of the IPs of the Vale.

3. The Rock – Population size 1024

1. The first 512 IPs are given to the people who live in the castle
    2. The latter 512 IPS are given to the people who live outside the castle. 

4. The Stormlands – Population size 250

5. The Reach

Castles under The Reach

1. Old Oak - Population size: 10
  2. Grassy Vale - Population size: 50
  3. Other villages - Population size: 10

Outside the wall:

• Assume that this is the outside network for the seven kingdoms that they use to connect to the internet.
  • Has a single web server (browseable)

Overall Specifications:

• Use Routers and Switches where appropriate.
  • You may need to apply VLSM more than once
  • The Stormlands only allow castles of other kingdoms to access their network. Packets from any other place/network is automatically denied. 
  • Install at least 2 PC/Laptop for each individual network.
  • Have at least one backup route for two cities
  • Use summarization if needed anywhere
  • Use at least one network with static routing, and for others use RIPv2.
  • You may use at max two PCs to represent all the hosts of a network (no need to put in 32 PCs if it says there are 32 people in the area.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Hello,

attached the Packet Tracer project file.

1. The North router performs NAT using a pool of 2 IP addresses

2. Static routing is in place between the North and the Mountain router

3. Two routers with multiple Vlans attached use inter-Vlan routing, also known as router-on-a-stick

4. The backup route is using floating static default routes with an administrative distance of 121, which is higher than the administrative distance used by RIP (120)

View solution in original post

6 Replies 6

Hello,

this is a massive project that will take you at least several hours to accomplish. Start out with putting one router in each kingdom, interconnect the routers and go from there. There is no indication in the project requirements as to what kingdom is supposed to be connected to what other kingdom, and what type of connection it is supposed to be.

What is your experience level ? A lot of stuff is involved here. In order to accomplish this, you need a lot more and a lot more detailed information.

I can do ACL, VLSM, Ripv2 and other stuffs. I just need the diagram. Should I keep all the routers connected to the north router?

Hello,

since there is no explicit requirement on how to interconnect the routers, you could indeed connect every other router to the North router. I am not sure what they mean with backup route for two cities, and whether it means a secondary route from the same router, or a completely different route through another router ?

yes secondary route for the same router. actually they asked to do floating

Hello,

I tell you what: I will put something together and send the Packet Tracer project file over. It will take a while, as stated, this is a fairly large project, involving quite a few things...

Hello,

attached the Packet Tracer project file.

1. The North router performs NAT using a pool of 2 IP addresses

2. Static routing is in place between the North and the Mountain router

3. Two routers with multiple Vlans attached use inter-Vlan routing, also known as router-on-a-stick

4. The backup route is using floating static default routes with an administrative distance of 121, which is higher than the administrative distance used by RIP (120)

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: