cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Packet Tracer: Unable to complete Activity & Assessments

szechean
Level 1
Level 1

System Specs: Latest Parrot OS in Latest Virtual Box (Using VM).

Background: Managed to install PT successfully using sudo apt-get install <absolute filepath>

Status: Already managed to interact with PT and completed 1.1.6 of the 2 hours PT course.

Problem: I completed 2.1.1 PT exercise and have all the IPs ready to fill in, however unable to input the answers within the PT. I've crossed checked that on the SkillsForAll website and my answers are a match. So my Assessment section shows Incomplete and the timer countdown keeps ticking.

2nd Problem: The Help section does not work for me... and because of that I am unable to 'Report an Issue' directly within PT.

Request: Please kindly advice and assist? On my SkillsForAll Browser, I have disabled Privacy Badger, in case it somehow interferes with the cookies. I have not disabled Ublock Origin as there are too may elements that show up and I do not believe them all necessary.

Objective: I just want to submit my answers within the pka file and finish up this course!!!

13 Replies 13

This happened to me too, and I don't know what to do. Is there any solution?

I removed all the cookie and pop up blockers just for that website - and it
worked. Cisco learning required too much permissions for it to work.

How do you remove cookies and pop up blockers within PT? I have never heard about this. And thank you very much for answer!

>From your browser, obviously.

I allowed cookies and pop-up for skillsforall.com but still failed. Is there a site I need to target? Are there other privacy settings I need to set besides pop-ups and cookies? thanks

sllu
Level 1
Level 1

I believe there is a bug for this practice exercise. I tried a couple things and finally I went to the Assessment feedback and it showed I did not get the subnet mask right for PC. But PC is setup as DHCP as described in the task list. With DHCP subnet mask is automatically set as 255.255.255.0. I tried a few things to set the mask manually but failed. Sigh... such a simple practice and the packet tracer assessment could not get it right. 

I have the same problem.  I'm at a loss.

asztalansandor
Level 1
Level 1

I faced the same problem. You cannot write in the PT itself, however if you click to the Create a Simple Network document instead of the downloadable PT file, there is a section where you can submit your answer (since the PT file is not graded, it does not matter if you leave it blank).
I hope it helps.

marianodaniel
Level 1
Level 1

I'm also experiencing the same problem. I get the feeling the assessment is not really prepared for PT. Sad part is that there is a "check results" button, and when I click it and it says I haven't answered any of the questions, my OCD kicks in xD

NetworkDave
Spotlight
Spotlight

Everyone,

Don't worry about filling in the answers for the reflection questions; They are not scored in packet tracer. The pka file will not let you edit it. You can obtain a score of 100% and continue on with the course.

The assessment ("Check Results") is not looking for answers to the reflection questions, it is checking for the configurations of various devices.

If you have configured the devices correctly and your score shows 0%, it is likely that the device names on your topology does not match the device names in the assessment. Reference "Change display names: Part I, Step 2a-c". The reason for 0% completion is because of the difference between the device name that Packet Tracer is looking for and the name of your devices.
Example: Packet Tracer is looking for an IP address on a specific device named PC. But the IP address is configured on a device named PC0.
Example solution:
Click on Laptop > Config tab > Global Settings > Display Name
Change to "Laptop" (without quotes). > Close
Click on PC > Config tab > Global Settings > Display Name
Change to "PC" (without quotes). > Close
Completion is now at 75%

The assessment still shows the Subnet Mask for the PC as incorrect (Red X).
The Subnet Mask (255.255.255.0) assigned by DHCP is correct.
The assessment is set to check for an incorrect subnet Mask of 255.255.0.0 on the PC.
To compensate for the assessment's error:
Click on PC > Desktop tab > IP Configuration > Static
IPv4 Address: 192.168.0.2
Subnet Mask: 255.255.0.0
Default Gateway: 192.168.0.1
DNS Server: 209.165.200.225
Close
Completion is now at 100%

The activity is now complete and you should be able to continue on with the course.

HTH
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Remember to mark helpful posts and mark the correct answer as a solution; It helps other users with similar questions.

Fantastic "Side Step" instructions. 

Thanks

Thanks NetworkDave!

Yes, this works but its obviously wrong, as now the PC belongs to a different subnet and has no connectivity of course.
Its a pitty Cisco cannot fix the activity after so many years......

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card