Views
Helpful
Replies

Processor of 2911 router

CCIE Aspirant
Level 1
Level 1

HI all,

i need to know is there any command we can issue to see how  powerful processor chip my router has?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

balaji.bandi
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

As per my knowledge - we knly have some information - The Cisco 2900 Series are powered by high-performance multi-core processors that can support the growing demands of high-speed WAN connections to the branch-office while also running multiple concurrent services. 

you can view show process cpu (this is not give you what model of CPU, this give how it was used).

show version also give you processor.

there is some architecture i have seen before about chipset - not able to find in hand for sure (but not sure is this 29XX or ASR or ISR).

BB

***** Rate All Helpful Responses *****

How to Ask The Cisco Community for Help

View solution in original post

7 Replies 7

balaji.bandi
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

As per my knowledge - we knly have some information - The Cisco 2900 Series are powered by high-performance multi-core processors that can support the growing demands of high-speed WAN connections to the branch-office while also running multiple concurrent services. 

you can view show process cpu (this is not give you what model of CPU, this give how it was used).

show version also give you processor.

there is some architecture i have seen before about chipset - not able to find in hand for sure (but not sure is this 29XX or ASR or ISR).

BB

Joseph W. Doherty
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

I recall (?) the show version command may note the processor family, but not its specific variant and/or "clock speed".  (This information may be considered Cisco proprietary.)

HI Joseph

thanks for reply 

so it means cisco kept in  secret the processor speed of some of their series?

Ruben Cocheno
Spotlight
Spotlight

@CCIE Aspirant 

that's the one million dollar question, Cisco R&D doesn't share that, you migh find the processor family and taake a guess on that it has, but probably no more than that.

Tag me to follow up.
Please mark it as Helpful and/or Solution Accepted if that is the case. Thanks for making Engineering easy again.
Connect with me for more on Linkedin https://www.linkedin.com/in/rubencocheno/

balaji.bandi
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

yes some of the hardware cisco propritery, in day to day operation people no need to know as long as it performing the task as expected.

but some organisation like Miltary or security organisation too look architecture(the one you looking), that time ciso  may disclose information as per my knowledge.

BB

CCIE Aspirant
Level 1
Level 1

thanks all for your time, so end of discussion is Cisco does not revealed the processor chip-set of 29xx series. they dont tell we dont know

balaji.bandi
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

personally - yes for now (i never tried my self stressing cisco to know my self honestly)

May be you can ask Cisco to provide or ask cisco SE to address

as per the model concent, it is end of Life - so you wont get much information.

BB

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card