Views
Helpful
Replies

Protocol Redistribution

S9539245H
Level 1
Level 1

redistribution.jpg          

Can someone teach me how to redistribute default/static route? Router 4 has not been configured yet.

5 Replies 5

Hello
this post is a bit anbiguous what routing protocols are you using and where does router 4 reside?

can you be clearer with your post

res
Paul

Sent from Cisco Technical Support Android App

Please rate and mark as an accepted solution if you have found any of the information provided useful.
This then could assist others on these forums to find a valuable answer and broadens the community’s global network.

Kind Regards
Paul

Router 3 has been configured for redistribution for ripv2, ospf and eigrp.

Hello, I think Paul is not able to see the diagram (if so, i get this too on the mobile device)

You said you wanted to redistribute on R4. Its in the 'static' zone if you like, so i assume R4 only has statics. What is the routing protocol being used between R3 and R4 - if there is any? Then we would be able to tell you the correct commands to apply for redistribution.

Please rate useful posts and remember to mark any solved questions as answered. Thank you.

Please rate useful posts & remember to mark any solved questions as answered. Thank you.

R3 has been configured to redistribute ospf eigrp and ripv2, R4 has only static route

Hello, You can't do any redistribution with static routes as R4 is at the moment. How are you going to achieve this? you need to run a dynamic routing protocol between R4 and R3.

Alternatively you can set a static route on R3 and redistribute to the rest of the routers from R3, however R4 will not know how to get to other destinations unless you state static routes for every subnet or learn them dynamically.

On R3 you can do this:

conf t

ip route 192.168.1.0 255.255.255.0 10.255.1.X (your R4 interface addresss)

Router OSPF 1

redistribute static subnets

Router EIGRP 1

redistribute static

Router RIP 1

redistribute static

This way the rest of your network knows how to get to the 192.168.1.0 network. But your router 4 needs to know how to get back to the subnets.

you could define static routes.

R4:

ip route 10.0.14.0 255.255.255.0 10.255.1.X (R3's interface address)

ip route 172.20.10.0 255.255.255.0 10.255.1.X (R3's interface address)

ip route 192.168.44.0 255.255.255.0 10.255.1.X (R3's interface address)

Or as i mentioned before, run a routing protocol between R3 and R4.

Hope this helps

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/tech/tk365/technologies_tech_note09186a008009487e.shtml#igrpneigrp

Please rate useful posts and remember to mark any solved questions as answered. Thank you.

Please rate useful posts & remember to mark any solved questions as answered. Thank you.
Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card