Views
Helpful
Replies

QOS | Classification| ATom based on Access-list

sarahr202
Level 5
Level 5

Hi everybody,

I hope you are doing fine, I have this weird strange question ( sorry my curosity is killing me) , unfortunately I can not test that out in GNS3 ( issue with IOS image)

Here is my weird scenario on EoMPLS:

CE1--199.199.199.1--f1-PE1--------P----PE2-f2---199.199.199.2 CE2

Above CE1 and CE2 are connected over EoMPLS.

Usually we classify incoming traffic from CE1 on PE1 using DSCP/PREC or dotp values. Let say for some strange reason,( may be customer is not willing to set any DSCP value), we want to use some other criteria instead of DSCP/PREC to set our MPLS EXP bits. Something like that:

PE1:

access-list 101 permit tcp host 199.199.199.1 host 199.199.199.2

class-map EF

match access-group 101

policy-map EF

int f1

service-policy input EF

class EF

set mpls experimental imposition 5

Can we do that in case  as illustrated above? My hunch is we can do that but I am not sure as I am not able to test it out in GNS3.

Thanks and have a nice day!!

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Hello.

I think this may be possible (even I'm not sure), but the question is definitely platform specific.

So, you need to state the platform, supervisor, release (running) and CE-facing interface configuration - this should be enough to find an answer.

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

Hello.

I think this may be possible (even I'm not sure), but the question is definitely platform specific.

So, you need to state the platform, supervisor, release (running) and CE-facing interface configuration - this should be enough to find an answer.

Makes sense.

Thanks

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card