Views
Helpful
Replies

Qos question for class-map

gavin han
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

we are doing class map using access group. that is we pick up required IP addresses, put it into access-list and associate that access-list with class-map and then assign dhcp value to that class-map.

my question here is:

is that a way that perticular IP address is getting propertly tagged? i meant to say - if IP address 192.168.1.1 is expected to be marked with "ef" dhcp value. then how can I verify that that IP address is really getting marked with "ef" dhcp value. and how can I verify how much traffic is coming from that perticular IP address.

Thanks in advance!

3 Replies 3

ameya_oke
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Gavin,

You can check it via wireshark but I doubt there is an IOS command to check it.

Usually one checks for Access list matches for specified policy applied.

Please rate the helpful posts.

Ameya

cadet alain
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi,

on the other end of the link you could configure a policy-map matching dscp ef inbound along with ACL and a show policy-map interface will show you the number of packets marked ef to verify if the marking is correct.

Regards.

Alain.

Don't forget to rate helpful posts.

hariholla
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Which platform are you using?

Many Cisco platforms support for the marking stats in the "show policy-map interface" exec command output. If not then the methods mentioned above by Ameya and Cadet shall help.

regards,

-Hari

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card