cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

QoS Question

Ryan Fisher
Level 1
Level 1

Hello, I'm trying to set up QoS between a 2811 router and a 3750g switch.  I'm currently using the 3750 as the router for one side, having the interface connecting to the router as a routed interface.  I could use a little help in trying to figure something out, though.

I have this config on the router side:

class-map match-any IPTel-Traffic-CL

match ip dscp ef

match ip precedence 5

class-map match-any IPTel-Signalling-CL

match ip dscp cs5

match ip precedence 4

match ip precedence 3

!

!

policy-map MPLS-OUT-QOS

class IPTel-Traffic-CL

class IPTel-Signalling-CL

priority percent 5

and this config on the 3750 switch side:
class-map match-any IPTel-Traffic-CL
match ip dscp ef
match ip precedence 5
class-map match-any IPTel-Signalling-CL
match ip dscp cs5
match ip precedence 4
match ip precedence 3
!
!
policy-map MPLS-OUT-QOS
class IPTel-Traffic-CL
class IPTel-Signalling-CL
Where my question lies, is on the router side I am able to specify the bandwidth percent I want to allocate for my voice QoS with the line "priority percent 5" within the policy-map MPLS-OUT-QOS.  I want to specify that same configuration on the 3750 switch within its policy map, but I am unable to because that command doesn't exist within the 3750.  What are my options for making that work?
Also, I have a question regarding QoS on the 3750 itself.  I've read that it's disabled by default.  So I would assume that I would need to enable it before this would even work.  How would I do that?  I believe it would just be the command "mls qos."  What implications would it have on that switch for other connected devices?
Thanks!
5 Replies 5

Laurent Aubert
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi,

This link should answer to your question:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/partner/docs/switches/lan/catalyst3750/software/release/12.2_50_se/configuration/guide/swqos.html

QoS on switch (HW based) is very different compare to QoS on Router (SW based)

HTH

Laurent.

Thank you for that link.  Apparently my Cisco login doesn't have enough permissions to access that link you provided.  Would you mind posting the information out of that here, or get it to me another way?  I'm interested in what it has to say.

Thanks!

Sorry for that. Try this one which doesn’t require any login: http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/switches/lan/catalyst3750/software/release/12.2_50_se/configuration/guide/swqos.html

Hi,

just get rid of the partner part in url and you'll get to it without problem.

Regards.

alain.

Don't forget to rate helpful posts.

Thanks.  This one works and I'm looking though it now.

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card