cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

remove pppoa from pvc because "pvc already member of PPPoA dialer pool

mR_Slug
Level 1
Level 1

im getting the error "pvc already member of PPPoA dialer pool" when trying to run

pppoe-client dial-pool-number 1

Basically i accidentally followed the PPPoA method, now trying to correct to pppoe.  I'm 1 week into IOS. Got a wap and switch configured, but this router has me scratching my head. What is the general way to remove something that has been configured?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

mR_Slug
Level 1
Level 1

I had "dialer pool-member 1" under the pvc of the atm interface:

interface ATM0/3/0
no ip address
no atm ilmi-keepalive
pvc 0 0/38
   encapsulation aal5mux ppp dialer
   dialer pool-member 1
!
!

the key command was "

no dialer pool-member 1

I.e.

1. configure t
  2. interface atm 0/3/0
  3. pvc 0/38
  4. no dialer pool-member 1

Anyway, solved the problem now. I was also getting confused about PPPoA PPPoE and PPPoEoA. I followed two guides that were not quite right. Thanks for everyones help.

View solution in original post

9 Replies 9

balaji.bandi
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Since its already using it, so you need to remove exiting working one and enable the intended config.

below thread help you to resolve :

https://community.cisco.com/t5/routing/pvc-already-member-of-pppoa-dialer-pool/td-p/1672778

still issue, post the device model, IOS code and show run from the device having issue.

BB

***** Rate All Helpful Responses *****

How to Ask The Cisco Community for Help

Yes I i think thats what i need to do, just not how. What commands do i run? That post is trying to run pppoa and pppoe at the same time. Nothing about removing pppoa.

Its a 2901 with the adsl/vdsl card. 15.7(3)M7. I am configuring via serial, is there an easy way to dump the config via serial?

that is just give you direction to configure you looking for.

I am configuring via serial, is there an easy way to dump the config via serial?

show run - copy that to text file and attached to the post.

BB

attached is the config. there are a few errors i need to fix for example:

access-list 1 permit 192.168.1.201
access-list 1 permit any

Well... the first is redundant, but how to remove the first entry? I'm new at IOS. But this is not the main issue. The main issue is i followed a pppoa guide when i should have followed this https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/support/docs/long-reach-ethernet-lre-digital-subscriber-line-xdsl/asymmetric-digital-subscriber-line-adsl/71119-adslguide-pppoe-dynmcstep.html AFAIK.

I'm vdsl, dynamic IP. btw. I thought my existing router/internet was pppoa then i realized it was pppoe.

MHM Cisco World, I dont know how you got that i want to run pppoe over serial. I'm configuring via serial/rs232/console, trying to get an EHWIC-VA-DSL-M to nat to an ethernet port.

PPPoA is ppp over atm'

You dont have wan to config pppoe under it.

You have dsl 

I will check how you can use dsl (pppoa can apply to dsl) with 2960 router.

MHM

default interface atm 0/3/0

then follow guide share by @balaji.bandi 
MHM

Clear vpdn tunnel 

Add pppoe and check.

Note:- it pppoe which by name over ethernet' how you want to config it with serial port!! Friend I think this not work command accept or not by router

MHM

mR_Slug
Level 1
Level 1

I had "dialer pool-member 1" under the pvc of the atm interface:

interface ATM0/3/0
no ip address
no atm ilmi-keepalive
pvc 0 0/38
   encapsulation aal5mux ppp dialer
   dialer pool-member 1
!
!

the key command was "

no dialer pool-member 1

I.e.

1. configure t
  2. interface atm 0/3/0
  3. pvc 0/38
  4. no dialer pool-member 1

Anyway, solved the problem now. I was also getting confused about PPPoA PPPoE and PPPoEoA. I followed two guides that were not quite right. Thanks for everyones help.

no worries glad finally you able to resolve the issue.

BB

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card