Router Recomendation Multi Wan

Adam_Pierce
Level 1
Level 1

Hi All

can you recomend a router for me?

WAN1 > Dynamic IP > NAT > LAN1

WAN2 > 81.2.78.xx (static) > 178.238.157.xx/28

both WAN links are VDSL (FTTC) and so link to modems via PPPOE - can this be done on one port with VLANs?

i have been looking at the 1921, what i want is for the lan (general traffic) to leave via WAN1 and VoIP/Severs etc to leave VIA WAN2 but i want both networks to be aware of each other ie LAN1 to VOIP would not get routed via the WAN at all.

both links are 80/20mbps

Thanks All

Adam

6 Replies 6

mfurnival
Level 4
Level 4

I don't think the 1921 will be up to the job with those WAN links. Have a look at the Cisco router performance page:

http://www.cisco.com/web/partners/downloads/765/tools/quickreference/routerperformance.pdf

Joseph W. Doherty
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Disclaimer

The  Author of this posting offers the information contained within this  posting without consideration and with the reader's understanding that  there's no implied or expressed suitability or fitness for any purpose.  Information provided is for informational purposes only and should not  be construed as rendering professional advice of any kind. Usage of this  posting's information is solely at reader's own risk.

Liability Disclaimer

In  no event shall Author be liable for any damages whatsoever (including,  without limitation, damages for loss of use, data or profit) arising out  of the use or inability to use the posting's information even if Author  has been advised of the possibility of such damage.

Posting

For up to 200 Mbps of aggregate WAN bandwidth, Cisco would recommend something bigger than a 1921.

I've attached a Cisco ISR performance whitepaper.

Hitesh Vinzoda
Level 4
Level 4

Definately 1921 will do the job but as they come with 2 port you would need a HWIC card to connect it to LAN.

use PBR using ACL's and equal cost routes towards ISP to achieve traffic routing.

Cheers

Hitesh

Please rate useful posts

1921 can provide the physical connectivity but it won't shift that level of traffic at that rate.

The FTTC will not achieve the desired rates of 80/20 both at the same times and nor does any provider guarantee that.

Cheers

Hitesh

Adam_Pierce
Level 1
Level 1

Thanks for the input all,

I do agree that for the most part the lines will not be maxed out. you have given me some points to consider.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card