routing issue -

Ibrahim Jamil
Level 6
Level 6

Hi

i have the below topology

CORE1---------ASA-------R1-----Internet

R2-WAN-------Branch1

core-1 and R2-WAN and Branch 1 are undere eigrp 3, also i have a default route from core 1 point to asa, i have the subnet 10.10.0.0 on my lan, i have seted up a l2l tunnel betwwen our company and partner over the internet to the subnet 10.1.1.0/24 ...on my CORE i have added a static route towards the  asa,on my asa nat0 on place also intersting traffic in place the tunnel is up the i see correct ident and remote ident on the ipsec, the problem is i can't ping the partenr from the intersed subnet (10.10.20.0/24) also when i trace to my partner 10.1.1.0/24 the packet goes to R2-WAN then to branch 1 while i dont have this subnet (10.1.1.0/24 in my network , pls help me to fugure out where this issue is and to establish full connectevity

eigrp config

router eigrp 3

no auto

net 10.0.0.0

thanks

ibrahim

3 Replies 3

mahmoodmkl
Level 7
Level 7

Hi.

I suggest that u enable eigrp on 10.10.0.0 0.0.255.255 rather than enabling it for whole 10.0.0.0 and try.

Thanks

Hi
i tried , the same issue , pls can you elaborate more!

thanks

mohamkh4
Level 1
Level 1

Below are few questions to narrow down:

i) whats the source and destination ip, you are trying to bring up the connectivity? Where are they located in your diagram?

ii) Whats the output of a traceroute from source ip router towards dest ip router? does it loop or get dropped?

iii) If you are running eigrp between src router and dest router, do you see routes exchanged in eigrp? sho ip route eigrp

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card