Views
Helpful
Replies

Routing to cloud from inside isolated network

mbstevar1
Level 1
Level 1

Routing issue.png

Please let me know the routing to establish the communication to the cloud .

Condition:

It should not expose to the LAN.

Note:

1.Server 1 Has 2 NIC 1 is connected to LAN and NIC 2 is connected to Isolated Network which 10.0.10.0/24

Accomplished :

1.Isolated network able to communicate to cloud Node but cloud not able to communicate the note with is located inside the isolated network.

2.We have IPsec IKEv2 tunnel between cloud to our network.

Advance thanks 

by

Baskara

4 Replies 4

Deepak Kumar
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi,

This is a duplicate post but Network diagram is more clear. 

1. Have you added any route on the ASA for 10.0.10.0/24 network?

If no then I can assume that you are using NIC sharing option on windows (same option is available on Linux) and I can say it is not possible.

If you added a static route on the ASA then please share which components are you using for routing "Routing and Policy Services" or any other third party tool?

What is the actual VM? Is it any Freeware Firewall or routing OS?

Regards,

Deepak Kumar

Regards,
Deepak Kumar,
Don't forget to vote and accept the solution if this comment will help you!

Hi Deepack,

Thank you so much  for your quick response.. we do have route on our firewall that is why the inside network is able to connect the Azure network which is in cloud. 

However we couldn't ping from cloud to isolated network-10.0.10.0/24

Hi,

Could you confirm that the isolated network (10.0.10.0/24) is reachable from the ASA or not? If it is then we need to check VPN ACL and routing etc. 

If this isolated network is not reachable from the ASA then we need to check your "Server1" settings. How did you enable communication from Isolated network to Main Network? As I asked before did you enabled Interface sharing?

Regards,

Deepak Kumar 

Regards,
Deepak Kumar,
Don't forget to vote and accept the solution if this comment will help you!

Hi All,

Thanks for your reply and your suports.

The problem is the Isolated network is blocking our network and we found and asked them to resolve.

Thanks & Regards
Baskara
Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card