Views
Helpful
Replies

rtr reachability with cisco 2901

manoremaint
Level 1
Level 1

Hello everyone

I have recently bought cisco 2901 in order to replace it with our 1811W that we have at the moment.

When I try to set a failover / backup with rtr; it seems like the function is not valid.

Once I select rtr and set the object #, the reachability command is not available.

Does that mean this function is not a part from the license package I have?

Did anyone face something like that?

Thanks a lot.

Mor.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Mor,

You may want to go to the http://cisco.com/go/fn and there click on the 'Research by Features' button. In the new window, look for the IP SLA - ICMP Echo Operation feature and then click yourself through till you arrive at the listing of IOSes with this feature supported on 2901 router. I am attaching an XLS spreadsheet containing the list generated for you.

Best regards,

Peter

View solution in original post

6 Replies 6

Peter Paluch
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hello Mor,

The rtr commands are now called ip sla. Try it out! The syntax inside has changed as well but if you are fluent with the old rtr syntax, the new syntax can be discovered very quickly using simply the context help by pressing the '?'. It should not be a problem for you to get familiar with it quickly.

Best regards,

Peter

Thank for your reply Peter.

When I try to work with ip sla ?

I get:  key-chain

responder

server

So that brings me back to my original question; is that a licensing issue kinda thing?

Can I reach my goal with the responder functionality?

Thank you.

Hello Mor,

What license are you running? This feature is, according to the Cisco Feature Navigator, available in UC, SECURITY, DATA licenses. Are you running any of those?

Best regards,

Peter

Right now I have only the IP base license.

I am about to buy the Security license; do you have a link to the source which points out that this functionality

is included in the security license. I dont want to buy both the DATA and Security licenses.

Thanks,

Mor.

Mor,

You may want to go to the http://cisco.com/go/fn and there click on the 'Research by Features' button. In the new window, look for the IP SLA - ICMP Echo Operation feature and then click yourself through till you arrive at the listing of IOSes with this feature supported on 2901 router. I am attaching an XLS spreadsheet containing the list generated for you.

Best regards,

Peter

Thank you!!

Best,

Mor.

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card