cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

RV345 1.0.03.20 Rebooting

chris0754
Level 1
Level 1

I have a RV345 running Firmware 1.0.03.20, it is intermittently restarting.  I have turned on logging and I don't see any errors.  I am trying to figure out why the router would reboot on its own.  It happens 1 to 3 times a day.  This has only become a issue since I upgraded my firmware.  Is anyone else experiencing the same issue?

Thanks!

2 Replies 2

Richard Burts
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Are you by any chance sending log messages to a syslog server? I do not have experience with this model router. But for the routers that I do have experience with I would suggest connecting to the console port of the router and capture any console messages that are generated. If the router was stable until the code update it does suggest that there may be some issue with the new code (and a memory leak would be a likely possibility). But any log messages produced leading up to the reboot are deleted in the boot process and are not available after the router comes back up. This is why the console log might be helpful.

The other suggestion is that if this router has an active maintenance contract with Cisco that you could open a case with Cisco TAC.

HTH

Rick

balaji.bandi
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

i believe that is the latestest version as per i know, try disable any other IPS features and just only Firewall and see is that any difference.

Also disable any other logging not required - so it will improve the performance.

BB

***** Rate All Helpful Responses *****

How to Ask The Cisco Community for Help

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card