cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Sending packets/pinging across multiple vlans in 2 separate locations

itsgrwd
Level 1
Level 1

Firstly, I think it's only fair to warn you, I'm very new to this all so there might be many errors.

I am trying to set up multiple vlans across 2 "buildings". I believe I have set up the vlans but cannot send packets/ping end devices on the other side of the network. I have noticed that on some of the switches (management, Hammersmith) 'link' is set to down when it should be up(?)

The 'CRM' server in the left building shouldn't be accessible to the Design and Engineering vlans.

I would greatly appreciate any assistance as I am completely out of my depth:) Thanks!

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Hi @itsgrwd ,

I have made several changes to the settings:

-You must make sure that all the internal switches have the access ports associated with the corresponding vlan (I found some that only had the command switchport mode access, but not the command switchport access vlan X)

-The switches that concentrate the communications must have configured the vlan of the switches that communicate with them.
For example, the Hammersmith switch must have configured vlan 10, 20, 30, 40 and 50.
And the Croydon switch must have configured vlan 60, 70, 80 and 90

8.jpg

-As a detail, I told you that the Croydon switch eliminates it and creates a new one, eliminating the previous one and assigning the same name to the new one.
Also, you have configured vlan interfaces (SVI) on this switch, which is not correct (remove all vlan interfaces).

-In the router you have some subinterfaces with the wrong ip (some have the ip 192.168.X.254 being that all must have the ip 192.168..1).
You also need to create subinterface f0 / 0.90

-The RIP protocol is not necessary in this case, because the router knows all the networks to be directly connected to it.

I enclose the revised exercise.

Remember to mark the correct answers as solved, because that helps other users with similar doubts.

Regards

View solution in original post

8 Replies 8

Seb Rupik
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Haha yeah was a similar issue I believe, only issue is I still don't know/fix the issue I am having. I think I have set up my vlans incorrectly or it could be my attempt to trunk to/from the router. 

Again, any help would be greatly appreciated! 

luis_cordova
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi @itsgrwd ,

As mentioned by @Seb Rupik , there is a similar discussion in the community.
Now, if after reviewing it you still have doubts, you just have to attach your compressed exercise and indicate your specific doubts.

Regards

Hi! Please see the reply to the other post! :)

Hi @itsgrwd ,

I have made several changes to the settings:

-You must make sure that all the internal switches have the access ports associated with the corresponding vlan (I found some that only had the command switchport mode access, but not the command switchport access vlan X)

-The switches that concentrate the communications must have configured the vlan of the switches that communicate with them.
For example, the Hammersmith switch must have configured vlan 10, 20, 30, 40 and 50.
And the Croydon switch must have configured vlan 60, 70, 80 and 90

8.jpg

-As a detail, I told you that the Croydon switch eliminates it and creates a new one, eliminating the previous one and assigning the same name to the new one.
Also, you have configured vlan interfaces (SVI) on this switch, which is not correct (remove all vlan interfaces).

-In the router you have some subinterfaces with the wrong ip (some have the ip 192.168.X.254 being that all must have the ip 192.168..1).
You also need to create subinterface f0 / 0.90

-The RIP protocol is not necessary in this case, because the router knows all the networks to be directly connected to it.

I enclose the revised exercise.

Remember to mark the correct answers as solved, because that helps other users with similar doubts.

Regards

Thanks so much!

Hi @luis_cordova 

I have been looking at what you sent me at it is very useful so thank you! I do have one question: did you attach correct file? I do not want to use DHCP in my network but the attached has DHCP. The picture you sent also looks very different to that of what you attached. 

Sorry for my niaveity but really appreciate your help!!!

Hi @itsgrwd ,

You're right, I'm wrong with the file.
This is because I have helped other users and the name of their files have a similar name.
Now I attach the correct file.

Regards

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card