cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

service-policy output issue

Angelo ANELLO
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Guys,  we have recently applied some QoS on our remote routers in a bid to improve performance and connectivity, however, every so often and randomly, the "service-poicy output policy-map" command is automatically removed from the WAN interface and we are not sure why.  we then have to reapply the policy in order to have it available again.  this happens to infrequently and on different devices for us to fidn a root cause.  The routers are model 881 and run firmware from ver 12.2 - 12.4.

Here is our current policy on the remote routers:

class-map match-any Citrix

match access-group name Citrix-ACL

!

!

policy-map WAN

class Citrix

priority percent 80

set dscp af41

class class-default

bandwidth remaining percent 100

random-detect

policy-map Global

class class-default

shape average ##4096000## (value based on link speed)

service-policy WAN

ip access-list extended Citrix-ACL

permit tcp any 192.168.1.0 0.0.0.255 eq 1494

permit udp any 192.168.1.0 0.0.0.255 eq 2598

int WAN

service-policy output Global  (THIS IS THE COMMAND THAT KEEPS DROPPING OFF)

Any help is appreciated

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Disclaimer

The  Author of this posting offers the information contained within this  posting without consideration and with the reader's understanding that  there's no implied or expressed suitability or fitness for any purpose.  Information provided is for informational purposes only and should not  be construed as rendering professional advice of any kind. Usage of this  posting's information is solely at reader's own risk.

Liability Disclaimer

In  no event shall Author be liable for any damages whatsoever (including,  without limitation, damages for loss of use, data or profit) arising out  of the use or inability to use the posting's information even if Author  has been advised of the possibility of such damage.

Posting

I don't have a specific bug or release note, but like Paolo, often issues like this are resolved in later IOSs.  BTW, this doesn't mean you need a version upgrade, for example, to upgrade from 12.2 to 12.4, sometimes moving to the latest patch release or newer point release will solve the problem.

As a generalization, the older IOS versions (12.2?) that supported mainline GD tagged releases, choosing the last GD tagged release is often a good bet. 

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

paolo bevilacqua
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Update IOS.

i had assumed this may be the case but can you provide any supporting documentation or link to some so that i can use it to proceed with upgrading the devices?

Disclaimer

The  Author of this posting offers the information contained within this  posting without consideration and with the reader's understanding that  there's no implied or expressed suitability or fitness for any purpose.  Information provided is for informational purposes only and should not  be construed as rendering professional advice of any kind. Usage of this  posting's information is solely at reader's own risk.

Liability Disclaimer

In  no event shall Author be liable for any damages whatsoever (including,  without limitation, damages for loss of use, data or profit) arising out  of the use or inability to use the posting's information even if Author  has been advised of the possibility of such damage.

Posting

I don't have a specific bug or release note, but like Paolo, often issues like this are resolved in later IOSs.  BTW, this doesn't mean you need a version upgrade, for example, to upgrade from 12.2 to 12.4, sometimes moving to the latest patch release or newer point release will solve the problem.

As a generalization, the older IOS versions (12.2?) that supported mainline GD tagged releases, choosing the last GD tagged release is often a good bet. 

i will try this and continue to monitor the routers for any further issues.

once confirmed i can close this request.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: