cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

setting up static IP for a printer using Cisco's ASA-5506?

brandonivey99
Level 1
Level 1

I was wondering if there's a way of setting up static IP for a printer using Cisco's ASA-5506?

2 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

Hello,

that version should be sufficient. Below is a sample config, does that work on your 5506 ?

dhcpd address 192.168.1.10-192.168.1.20 inside
dhcpd enable inside
dhcpd reserve-address 192.168.1.11 afe5.caef.356b inside

View solution in original post

Hello,

if it is already setup, you should find the relevant configuration in the running config. If it is not there, the error message most likely means that a dynamic binding already exists. Before adding the static reservation, clear the existing binding using the

clear dhcpd binding x.x.x.x

command. 

View solution in original post

8 Replies 8

balaji.bandi
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame
I was wondering if there's a way of setting up static IP for a printer using Cisco's ASA-5506?

Question was not clear ?

can you explain more.

is the ASA Acting as DHCP ? if that is case you can do below :

dhcpd reserve-address 10.10.10.10 xxxx.xxxx.xxxx inside

BB

***** Rate All Helpful Responses *****

How to Ask The Cisco Community for Help

Hello, 

The goal is to setup a static IP for our printer, so it does not randomly changes ip. The ASA is acting as a DHCP server. 

The above example helps you to make static entry.

make sure when you make a static entry that is not in the pool, make sure you reserve the IP address.

dhcpd address 10.10.10.10-10.10.10.10.20 inside

Once that is done, clear the arp table. and reboot the printer to get a static IP address.

BB

***** Rate All Helpful Responses *****

How to Ask The Cisco Community for Help

Hello,

which ASA software version are you running ? I think the DHCP reservation feature was added somewhere in release 9.1.3, so you need to have that installed...

Hello,

Our ASA version is 9.14(3).18

Hello,

that version should be sufficient. Below is a sample config, does that work on your 5506 ?

dhcpd address 192.168.1.10-192.168.1.20 inside
dhcpd enable inside
dhcpd reserve-address 192.168.1.11 afe5.caef.356b inside

brandonivey99
Level 1
Level 1

gotten an ERROR: Binding exists for the IP. I'm assuming it's already setup? My end goal is to verify each branch location has a static IP for all printers. 

Hello,

if it is already setup, you should find the relevant configuration in the running config. If it is not there, the error message most likely means that a dynamic binding already exists. Before adding the static reservation, clear the existing binding using the

clear dhcpd binding x.x.x.x

command. 

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card