cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Source IP Address Based Port Forwarding

francisarm
Level 1
Level 1

I'm looking to set up port forwarding to forward incoming traffic to different internal machines depending on its source IP address. Unfortunately the ports that will be used are not static and therefore it cannot be port based.

Is this possible? The current solution is no good as I am just forwarding everything that comes in on an interface to one internal machine.

Thanks for the help.

Francis

3 Replies 3

aftabsiddiqui
Level 1
Level 1

Its worth looking at the following thread.

https://supportforums.cisco.com/thread/2123076

devils_advocate
Level 7
Level 7

Can you explain a bit more regarding the source address?

Is it a public address?

Why does the source address matter?

Port forwarding is usually done on an attribute you can control which is generally the internal private IP address and/or the port number.

Thanks for the reply.

So I have 2 machines sending traffic from the outside which I need to be port forwarded to 2 different addesses on the inside. All have fixed IP addresses

So if a.a.a.0 is the external network range, and b.b.b.0 is my internal, i need traffic from a.a.a.1 coming into my external interface address and to be forwarded on to b.b.b.1, and from a.a.a.2 to be forwarded to b.b.b.2. So I need the port forwarding to be based on the source address.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card