cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Summarized route not created

bryan.palacios
Level 1
Level 1

Hello guys i´m having a problem with one route that is all over mi EIGRP network and it is a summary route,  i have traced the route router by router and it is not published with the network command in any router, also i have the no-autosummary command in every router and my wildcard masks are applied correctly meaning that i have subnetted that summmary route in many /24s so i beleive there is no reason for that summary to exist.

Pliz help..

Regards,

7 Replies 7

skarthic
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Unless there is a manual summarization. Have you checked for manual summarization on interfaces..

Were you able to find the source of the summary route?

Hi, no i havent found the summary route it like a loop route but as i was saying that the no-autosummary command is in all the routers and i am not making any summarization at any interface.

Help pliz,,,

Hi,

Is that summary route you are seeing learned via internal eigrp(AD 90) or external eigrp(170)?

Have you got a summarised route to a Null 0 interface and redistributing static into eigrp somewhere? Although you are not advertising it via "network" command in eigrp but you might be redistributing into eigrp. Please see below. I have labbed it for you.

R1#

router eigrp 100
redistribute static
network 172.21.1.3 0.0.0.0               
no auto-summary
!
ip route 172.21.0.0 255.255.0.0 Null0

R4#sh ip route eigrp
     172.21.0.0/16 is variably subnetted, 2 subnets, 2 masks
D EX    172.21.0.0/16 [170/2816] via 172.21.1.3, 00:07:02, GigabitEthernet1/0
R4#

HTh,

Regards,

Kishore

Hello,

Why would you static route to Null0?

Dear;

kindly share the ip route and configurations of eigrp.

Hi guys i havent found the loop yet but i think im going to try with a null0 route to fix the loop since i dont need the summary route because i have the specific ones...

The NULL0 route solved the problem!! thanks to all!!

Regards,

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card