cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Labels

Forum Posts

How do you build dynamic failover routes

I am trying to build redundancy in our network, and have run across an issue. I have traffic coming into my network from multiple satellite offices, they are coming into 3 different firewalls (non-Cisco) and if one of the firewalls goes down I would ...

whitemike by Beginner
  • 4 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Static Routing

Hi Everyone,I have a questions about static routing. I am not sure if I have this configured right and was hoping someone could provide some help.I have a Cisco 1841 and an ISP DSL Modem. The Cisco 1841 has two ethernet ports, 0/0 and 0/1.0/0 is the ...

Resolved! EIGRP and default routes

Trying to understand why a EIGRP default route does not distribute through another router with a static default route to connected router.EXAMPLE:=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=RouterA is corporate office.RouterB and RouterC are branch ...

ryan.s.15 by Beginner
  • 9 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

IOS not supported to HWIC-2ce1 pri card

Hi,        I have 3845 router using IOS flash:c3845-advsecurityk9-mz.124-3c.bin .  after that we have install HWIC-2E1-PRI and change the ios to 1) c3845-advsecurityk9-mz.124-20.T5 2) c3845-advsecurityk9-mz.124-24.T3But the ios not supported to hwic...

Resolved! Do all of you use a RS232 to RJ45 for consoles?

I was just wondering, since most PCs motherboards nowadays do not have a RS232 connection, what do you do for that? I tried a USB to serial cable and couldn't get it to work even though it says the driver was installed correctly. Actually, I've never...

feng.lian by Beginner
  • 4 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Dual ISP fail over

Hi All,        i have two ISP,ISP1 is 2mbps and ISP2 is 512kbps and both are coming a MUX but my problem is when one ISP is goes down then it is not automacally switch over to another ISP because on the same time the MUX LAN interface is not going do...

Access-list match

hiIf access-list configured to match the packets used for NAT is as followsip access-list ext abcdpermit ip 10.1.1.0   0.0.0.32 anyWhich packets will be matched ?If wild card mask  is  0.0.0.31 things are normal.please share the experiene.thanksSubod...

Bandwidth/speed issues over ATM OC3

Scenario:Point to point OC3 ATM circuit between two sites that are thousands of miles apart.  3845 on one side with a PA-A3-OC3SMI and a 7206 on the other side with a NM-1A-OC3-POM.Problem:Using iPerf, with a window size of 4MB, I can sustain 120Mbps...

gvb by Beginner
  • 5 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

help on network setup plz

PROBLEM:I have a switch and router hooked up via ethernet and would like to create 4 vlans that go to different ip addresses.  Ports 1-8 of the switch are trunk ports.  I have configured the router and switch but cannot to get any of them to ping.  T...

gerryp9151 by Beginner
  • 13 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

VPN tunnel and Dual ISP

Hi All,I'm looking for a solution for the following scenerio: Site-A has 2 isp for failover, ISP-1 and ISP-2. Site-A also has a site to site tunnel to remote Site-B on ISP-1. I want to be able to converge the tunnel to ISP-2 when ISP-1 goes down. If ...

Configuring HWIC-16A

Hi,I am migrating a group of modems from old Cisco routers to a 3845 Router with HWIC-16A card. In the old routers it was all serial interfaces & encapsulation was either PPP or not mentioned. In the new router the interfaces are coming up asinterfac...

HSRP

guys we got a piece of work from customer in which they want redundancy on WAN and LAN.....We are proposing to have  two WAN redundant routers which will be connected to  3750 switch.....there will be some servers connected to the new switch.......in...

DDOS Attack

HiWe are getting DDOS attack again, tcp intercept doesnt help anymore.SetupINTERNET-----------------Internet_router---------ASA_firewall----------------Layer3_SW-------------LANInternet_Router = 2800ASA Firewall = 5520Layer3_SW = 4500Source are diffe...