cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Troubleshoot G.703 Connectivity

mindorewala
Level 1
Level 1

Currently we have a setup of link between HO and remote branch.

HO is connected via leased line with v.35 interface.

Remote site is connected through G.703 card to the router.

We have done basic configuration, and still the link is down.

We need to find out whether the problem is in the configuration or from the telco side.

Please can anyone guide me how can we troubleshoot and find out where the problem is ?

Any help would be highly appreciated, and thanx in advance.

Regards,

Mustafa SFI

5 Replies 5

Hello Mustafa,

I have seen your previous posts, I assume you are still having the same problem.

Can you post the output of ´show controllers e1 0/0´ and ´show controllers e1 0/1´ ?

Also, who is providing the clock ? You could try and configure ´clock source internal´.

In order to check for any local issues, you could use the ´loopback´ command on your controller (in controller configuration mode).

Who is your provider anyway ?

Also, can you post the output of ´show version´ from your Thumrait site router ?

Regards,

GP

spremkumar
Level 9
Level 9

Hi

Do chek these stuffs :

1)Encapsulation on both the ends

2)Default clocking configuration on both the ends

3)Also the physical loop taken from your telco

i would suggest to ask ur telco to extend a loop and chek out the same in ur box.

BTW do revert about kinda of H/W boxes u have deployed on both the sides ?

regds

Mr.Mustafa can you give me some more details.

at H.O side what type of leased line r using.whats the band width.At H.o router what type of card r u using.

can you give me the description of that card.

exactly part number.

at remote office whats the Interface card.please give me the part number and description.

from router to the CPE device what type of cable r u using, in H.O and Remote office.

i hope u have E1 link at central zone and normal leased line at remote office.you are mapping different channels to different remote locations am i rt?

if you can give me the exact details of the above things, i think if u can provide all the above details we can sort it out.

Regds

Binoy.

First let me thank to all of you guys for your valuable efforts.

Let me reply one by one and get you the complete picture till what i know.

Please find the output file of show controller, interface and version commands of the thumrait site router which is a remote site with g.703 card.

The scenario is

HO side

there is a normal STU device from telco where leased line is terminated and from STU through V.35 cable it is connected to the router serial interface.

All config on the router is default, like encap is HDLC, static ip and route to other end is defined.

Remote site - thumrait

Actually till now i have not physically seen the g.703 device, but what i know i will try to explain.

A device with 2 BNC ports which converts 75 ohm to 120 ohm is connected to the router. On router it is E1 card with 2 ports.

All other settings are default which you can see in output file under "show controller e1 0/1"

I dont know the exact model and part no. of the g.703 device. But i am visting to the remote site tommorrow to troubleshoot this.

I hope by now you have queit familiar with the setup and config.

Please guide me further as i will be going to the site and i want to sort out this issue at the earliest.

Once again thanx to all of you guys and keep it up.

Regards,

Mustafa SFI

Hello Mustafa,

the output shows that your serial is up, but the line protocol down. Can you do a 'debug serial interface' to see if you are receiving keepalives from the provider side ?

I would start out with resetting the modem (power it off and on) at the remote site (the modem is, most likely, the device with the 2 BNC ports). Also, since the modem has two ports, make sure to check if the cable might have been plugged into the wrong one, if applicable.

If nothing else helps, as suggested by other posts, get with your provider to see if they can put a loop on the line, they should be able to see their own modem (which is at your remote site). Also, did your provider give you any information regarding the settings of the E1 (CRC, Framing) ?

Regards,

GP

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card