Replies

Upgrade from IP base version to advanced security

Fida jlassi
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I have the following plateform:

Router 2811

Version 12.4(3i), RELEASE SOFTWARE (fc2)

flash:c2800nm-ipbase-mz.124-3i.bin

Is it possible to migrate to the advanced security instead of Ipbase version?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Marcel van Dorp
Level 1
Level 1

Yes you can, depending of course if the router has enough flash and memory to actually run it.

Go to the feature navigator to determine the IOS image you need (www.cisco.com/go/fn)

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

Marcel van Dorp
Level 1
Level 1

Yes you can, depending of course if the router has enough flash and memory to actually run it.

Go to the feature navigator to determine the IOS image you need (www.cisco.com/go/fn)

Joseph W. Doherty
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Disclaimer

The Author of this posting offers the information contained within this posting without consideration and with the reader's understanding that there's no implied or expressed suitability or fitness for any purpose. Information provided is for informational purposes only and should not be construed as rendering professional advice of any kind. Usage of this posting's information is solely at reader's own risk.

Liability Disclaimer

In no event shall Author be liable for any damages whatsoever (including, without limitation, damages for loss of use, data or profit) arising out of the use or inability to use the posting's information even if Author has been advised of the possibility of such damage.

Posting

Just want to add to what Marcel already noted, you'll also need to buy a feature license upgrade too.

Joseph you mean that I need to buy the advanced security and the licence upgrade, both?

Disclaimer

The Author of this posting offers the information contained within this posting without consideration and with the reader's understanding that there's no implied or expressed suitability or fitness for any purpose. Information provided is for informational purposes only and should not be construed as rendering professional advice of any kind. Usage of this posting's information is solely at reader's own risk.

Liability Disclaimer

In no event shall Author be liable for any damages whatsoever (including, without limitation, damages for loss of use, data or profit) arising out of the use or inability to use the posting's information even if Author has been advised of the possibility of such damage.

Posting

If you don't have an active support maintenance contract on the device, you need to buy any upgrade.

If you have an active support maintenance contract, you can upgrade to any IOS version using the same feature set.  However, if you upgrade the feature set (e.g. moving from IP Base to Advanced Security), you need to buy that too.

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card