Views
Helpful
Replies

upload issue in network

arunjainknp
Level 1
Level 1

Dear All,

I am running a LAN network and have installed Cisco SF-300 model 25 switches in a same V-LAN and use to PING those switches from my Laptop to see whether network is running smoothly or not and connectivity between switches is ok or not . Issue which i am facing is that when any switch goes down after few seconds I monitored HIGH TRAFFIC on my switches and last all ports gets CHOKED. And when I use to close the ping of that switch on my laptop traffic goes down. I cannot understand what is the problem and how could I solved it out because without ping I am not been able to monitor my network and it is compulsory for me.

4 Replies 4

Deepak Kumar
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi,

Not sure about your network diagram, STP configuration, Any loop in the network, any QoS issue, firmware version etc. 

If you feel that there should not any issue with any other configuration then try to implement storm-control polices. You can monitor switches using the snmp also. Generally, I never saw this type of issue with ICMP.

https://www.cisco.com/c/dam/en/us/td/docs/switches/lan/csbms/sf30x_sg30x/administration_guide/Cisco_300Sx_v1_4_AG.pdf

If your firmware version is too old then try to upgrade the version also.

Regards,
Deepak Kumar,
Don't forget to vote and accept the solution if this comment will help you!

Dear Deepak,

STP is disable in all switches and no loop in the network and i have installed latest firmware also but still problem persists. . And this is case of ARP related issue and how could I control it. Because connectivity between my laptop or any other computer whose is PINGING those switches and if the that switch goes down connectivity breaks between laptop and switch and it starts ARP Spoofing and as I close the PING RESPONSE on my laptop it gets OK . so how could I solve it out.

Hello,

does the laptop have an IP address in the same Vlan as the management interface of the SF 300 switches, or an IP address from a different Vlan ? That said, it might as well be caused by (the NIC of) the laptop. Can you try the PING from another device, and check if the problem persists ?

Dear Georg,

I have configured the IP Address from Different V-LAN and I have tried PING
from several computer but problem still continues. And this is case of ARP
related issue and how could I control it. Because connectivity between my
laptop or any other computer whose is PINGING those switches and if the that
switch goes down connectivity breaks between laptop and switch and it starts
ARP Spoofing and as I close the PING RESPONSE on my laptop it gets OK . so
how could I solve it out.
Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card