Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Usage of route map (match interface)

Is there any useful case of “ match interface “ in route-map other than usage in NAT .
And I aslo want to know how “match interface”cmd  work . I mean , Does this command work for checking interface or mapping interface to appropriate route ? 

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Cristian Matei
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi,

Within a route-map, the "match" command is a condition, thus it works the same way, depending on what you use it for:

- if you use it for NAT, the "match interface" matches on the egress interface of the traffic

- if you use it for route-redistribution, the "match interface"matches on the prefix attached to the interface

Regards,

Cristian Matei.

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

Cristian Matei
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi,

Within a route-map, the "match" command is a condition, thus it works the same way, depending on what you use it for:

- if you use it for NAT, the "match interface" matches on the egress interface of the traffic

- if you use it for route-redistribution, the "match interface"matches on the prefix attached to the interface

Regards,

Cristian Matei.

Thank you very much. Your answer is very helpful for my complication . And I also want to know “ what is the different between MATCH INTERFACE and SET INTERFACE .

Hi,

- "match" is a condition, examples specified in my first post

- "set" is an action, one example of "set interface"  would be used in a route-map for the scope of PBR (policy-based routing), in order to force the packet egress out a specific interface and next-hop

Regards,

Cristian Matei.

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card