Views
Helpful
Replies

VRRP and VRF

MrBeginner
Spotlight
Spotlight

dear all,

I would like to know how to detect the link failure and swing to other links for below design.

i run vrf RED and GREEN for two ISP in each router.(please see in below attachment.)

i also run VRRP in our LAN part.Now i also run VRRP in  WAN part of Lab to test connectivity.

in production i will use IPSec tunnel and preference for fail over.

Can i do IPSec failover to from R5,R6 to R1 and R2 ?

now my concern is if WAN1_LINK1 is down,how to detect my router R3 and swing traffic to use R2 link ?

Can detect my remote site (R5)  to my LAN interface G1/0,G2/0 is down ?

VRRP and VRF.PNG

2 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

Seb Rupik
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi there,

On R1 you need to configure VRRP process 10 on Gi1/0 to track interface fa3/0. When Fa3/0 goes down you want to decrement the VRRP 30 priority so that R2 interface G1/0 becomes the active router for the subnet.

Likewise R2 VRRP 20 needs to decrement when R2 Fa3/1 goes down.

https://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/ios-xml/ios/ipapp/configuration/15-0m/old_tips_files_do_not_use/Configuring_VRRP.html#GUID-A6F936CD-71DF-4407-A943-3BD35389049A

cheers,

Seb.

View solution in original post

Deepak Kumar
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi,

Yes it is possible. You have to use the VRRP with Tracking (track + ipsla) under the ipsla monitoring keep destination monitoring node ip as other route interface ip and if track goes down then decrease the priorities .

Regards,
Deepak Kumar,
Don't forget to vote and accept the solution if this comment will help you!

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

Seb Rupik
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi there,

On R1 you need to configure VRRP process 10 on Gi1/0 to track interface fa3/0. When Fa3/0 goes down you want to decrement the VRRP 30 priority so that R2 interface G1/0 becomes the active router for the subnet.

Likewise R2 VRRP 20 needs to decrement when R2 Fa3/1 goes down.

https://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/ios-xml/ios/ipapp/configuration/15-0m/old_tips_files_do_not_use/Configuring_VRRP.html#GUID-A6F936CD-71DF-4407-A943-3BD35389049A

cheers,

Seb.

Deepak Kumar
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi,

Yes it is possible. You have to use the VRRP with Tracking (track + ipsla) under the ipsla monitoring keep destination monitoring node ip as other route interface ip and if track goes down then decrease the priorities .

Regards,
Deepak Kumar,
Don't forget to vote and accept the solution if this comment will help you!
Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card