cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

VRRP setup :: Campus design with Meraki MX at edge

Mr.Christian
Level 1
Level 1

I was playing with network design in VIRL.  What we have a MLS distribution pair that will eventually be connected to Meraki MX at the edge.  I understand that Meraki MX uses VRRP to make HA pairs, so I was trying to simulate this in VIRL using iosv.

Given my lab configuration below, how would I implement VRRP between iosv-1 and iosv-2 to distribution?  Is it not possible given they way I have setup the uplinks on the MLS?  I feels like I must be missing something very basic.  Does VRRP setup only exist on the internet edge of the Meraki MX?

2 Replies 2

balaji.bandi
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

If i understand correctly you Like to Deploy Meraki HA pair using VRRP.

You need to just extend the L2 for Meraki Device both the sides

here is example guide and setup :

https://documentation.meraki.com/MX/Networks_and_Routing/NAT_HA_Failover_Behavior

BB

***** Rate All Helpful Responses *****

How to Ask The Cisco Community for Help

Hello 

Not sure i understand- in you topology you show core1-2 is this to simulate a meraki HA pair? - if so then you don't require any first hop protocol in the assumption that the mx ha is performing the inter vlan routing ?

Would this be correct ?

Please rate and mark as an accepted solution if you have found any of the information provided useful.
This then could assist others on these forums to find a valuable answer and broadens the community’s global network.

Kind Regards
Paul
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card