cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Wan Issues

agentcrtr
Level 1
Level 1

I have a cisco 881 that keeps giving my issues. We have an Adtran router from our ISP that we have conencted to our Cisco router which has all of our configs in it.

Yesterday we had screwy internet all day. Complaining of it being really slow

I went in and monitored it for about an hour and it was up and down the whole time.

So I looked in the closet and the Adtran traffic lights would blink (traffic) then suddenly stop for about 15 - 20 seconds and go solid (no traffic) and then blink again for a minute or so and repeat this.

I can be sure but I am pretty certain the wan light was not lit on the cisco box - but I am only 50% certain on that.

I am 100% certain that when I power cycled the Cisco box everything went back to normal.  1.4 was the consistently average up and down speed. 

There is a problem with that particular box.  This is the third time it has stopped wan traffic - though this time it was not a complete stop but seemed to be on and off.

Any ideas of what I should do? Is the cisco box bad or something?

4 Replies 4

John Blakley
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

What I would suggest is instead of rebooting is to get into the Cisco to see if the interfaces are up/up, up/down, etc. It could be the interface is going down on one or the other side. When the reboot is done, it's renegotiating the link between the two devices. If you notice that it's up/down, I'd replace the cable to see if that helps.

HTH,

John

HTH, John *** Please rate all useful posts ***

johnlloyd_13
Level 9
Level 9

hi,

what does your network topology looks like?

kindly post 'show log' and 'show run' from your 881.

Jeff Van Houten
Level 5
Level 5

Is it an Adtran router, or a CSU/dsu? What kind of interface do you have between the two devices?

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPad App

elepon06
Level 1
Level 1

Looks like the Adtran is having power issue. Usually it keeps rebooting.

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card