Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

What file to use to upgrade a cisco ISR 4351integrated services router

Hello i need to make a software upgrade for a cisco ISR 4351 integrated services router, but in the download page I see two different files:

-isr4300-universalk9.03.17.04.S.156-1.S4-std.SPA.bin
-isr4300-universalk9.16.07.01.SPA.bin

Can any one help me to see which of these is the one i have to use to do the software upgrade?

Thank you.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Francesco Molino
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni
Hi

The first one is standard IOS XE version 3.x that won't get any update soon. The new releases 16.x (called Denali, Fuji...) are the new "unified" image across platform on which updates and new features are going to be available.
Then image 16.x are the new one you should take into consideration when upgrading.
As usual before upgrading, review release notes to be sure that you won't get into issues with your specific config (bugs...)

Thanks
Francesco
PS: Please don't forget to rate and select as validated answer if this answered your question

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

Francesco Molino
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni
Hi

The first one is standard IOS XE version 3.x that won't get any update soon. The new releases 16.x (called Denali, Fuji...) are the new "unified" image across platform on which updates and new features are going to be available.
Then image 16.x are the new one you should take into consideration when upgrading.
As usual before upgrading, review release notes to be sure that you won't get into issues with your specific config (bugs...)

Thanks
Francesco
PS: Please don't forget to rate and select as validated answer if this answered your question

Thank you very much.

you're welcome

Thanks
Francesco
Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card