Level 3

Hi 

whenever i refresh or stop&start live captures im getting below error 

Please help anyone on this wireshark issue with GNS3

please find the attached photo

Thanks in advance.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

This is more of GNS3 issue, suggest to post this on GNS3 Forum, so iam sure some developper able to address your issue.

BB

***** Rate All Helpful Responses *****

How to Ask The Cisco Community for Help

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

sivam siva
Level 3
Level 3

I could capture the packet with GNS3 in the first time of run capture, if i restart or stop & start the live capture im getting bellow Error,

""Data written to the Pipe is neither in a supported pcap format nor in pcapng format. please report this to the developers of the program writing to the pipe."" 

Also If i close and reopen GNS3 and wireshark im able to capture the packet, that's too only one time as i mentioned if i stop the capture in GNS3 i couldn't run capture again ,

so the option for me to work with wireshark is :

*I should not stop the capture once i turned on ( its very hard to do searching and examining packets without refresh )

*I should close and reopen the entire GNS3 and wireshark application once I stopped the capture (its similar to start work freshly , this process takes too much time )

please help someone it would be very helpful for me.

This is more of GNS3 issue, suggest to post this on GNS3 Forum, so iam sure some developper able to address your issue.

BB

***** Rate All Helpful Responses *****

How to Ask The Cisco Community for Help

sivam siva
Level 3
Level 3

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card