Views
Helpful
Replies

DTLS tunnel confusion

harry101
Level 1
Level 1

Dear Experts

I have setup SDwan lab setup. So far everything is ok like Vmanage/vBond/Vmsart are up, vEdge are connected and showing up on vManage. What i dont understand is that vBond doesnt show anything in show control connections. I can see DTLS connection on vManage. But why not on vBond? it should be bidirectional like ipsec tunnel right?

6 Replies 6

harry101
Level 1
Level 1

This is what i am getting from vBond. Everything is in place, but i dont see any connections or history from vBond. I believe we have permanent DTLS connection with vManage/vSmart right?

vBond# show control connections-history

vBond#

vBond# show control connections

vBond#

How many vbond yoh have ?

Can I see your topolgy 

MHM

orchestrator <<- this word need to add to show

Show control connect <- for vedge...

Show orchestrator control <- for vbond

If dont see anything share topology

MHM

Do 

Show control connection history 

Since the dtls tunnel is temporary not permanent between vedge and vbond 

MHM

balaji.bandi
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

vbond only be initial part, once vsmart and vmanage have control connection you do not need vbond, until device reboot and re-establish the connection, its normal behavior.

check onboarding guide :

https://www.cisco.com/c/dam/en/us/td/docs/solutions/CVD/SDWAN/sdwan-wan-edge-onboarding-deploy-guide-2020nov.pdf

BB

***** Rate All Helpful Responses *****

How to Ask The Cisco Community for Help

Torbjørn
Spotlight
Spotlight

You need to use "show orchestrator control-connections history" on the vBond to see the log of onboarded WAN-Edges. As @balaji.bandi mentioned the vBond is only used for orchestration/onboarding of the WAN edges, it doesn't maintain any control connections to other controllers or WAN edge.

I believe the history clears after reboot, which might be why you can't see any vManage connections in the log. Could you make some change to the vBond from vManage(configuration change, add device serials etc.) and check the control connections history afterwards?

Happy to help! Please mark as helpful/solution if applicable.
Get in touch: https://torbjorn.dev

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card