cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

SDWAN DIA loadbalancing using weight

marcel.schaaper
Level 1
Level 1

Does someone know if or how I can put a 'weight' on the DIA interfaces, so for internet traffic leaving directly the interface (so not via SDWAN or ipsec tunnel)?

We have 2 internet circuits with different bandwidth and I like to divide the load/sessions based on the internet bandwidth, when traffic is leaving directly the interface to internet.

6 Replies 6

dijix1990
VIP
VIP

I said about any feature for it

https://community.cisco.com/t5/sd-wan-and-cloud-networking/load-balancing-of-traffic-depending-on-the-bandwidth-of-the/td-p/4851719

There is adaptive QoS, maybe it will help but I didn't try

Hi, unfortunately this is not a solution and I don't think it is support on vEdge cloud. I believe there is no option to give weight and it just does ecmp out of the available interfaces.

mohspate
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi,

The weight-based load balancing is not applicable for DIA traffic. If you have multiple Internet Links and you want to utilize both of then the best possible way to achieve this is by configuring data policy. For example, you can map all the 0365 applications via ISP 1 and all other traffic via IPS 2. Hope this helps.

Br,

I think the task is different. For example, we have two Internet channels 100mb and 50mb and we need to utilise both of them based on the bandwith to prevent overload channel  which is less. 

Hi,

Bandwidth Base loading balancing is not available currently on Catalyst SD-WAN. If we leave to default ECMP load balancing equal load with shared between 50 MB and 100 MB link. With the help of data policy, we can have a deterministic load balance of applications used over the internet. Certain critical SaaS applications can be mapped to a 50 Mb link and rest of the application to 100 Mb this solution does not provide intelligence capabilities but make sure under size IPS link is overwhelmed.

It was on the velocloud about two years and I don't think cisco will implement the same feature. Cisco sdwan it's very inflexible product, some features don't work as auto change port number to connect to another edge when active port was blocked or some specific nat to secondary ip. To be honest cisco can't balance traffic through tunnel with different bandwith. So, creating special data policy for binding app to specific color it isn't true decision for balancing traffic 

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card