Helpful
Replies

SDWAN HUB VS DMVPN HUB

yoav-shneor
Level 1
Level 1

Hi ,

I have a multi HUB SD WAN network .

In GUI you can enter the monitor network and on real time test on demand remote but it has no details.

Is there a command in CLI or other GUI option which will tell me how many site are working with each HUB ?

something like "sh ip nhrp summary" we use to do in DMVPN ( of course SDWAN dosent has NHRP

6 Replies 6

I will send you message.

HI ,

Did you  send me message ? 

Hi,

in SD-WAN tunnels use BFD. There is no exactly such command but what is normally used (both for verification and troubleshooting) is "show sdwan bfd sessions" which shows status of tunnels.

HTH,
Please rate and mark as an accepted solution if you have found any of the information provided useful.

HI Kanan,

BFD will run for some time also in non "in use" tunnels like on demand for VOIP after a call ended and tunnel didnt "shut" yet.

so it is not an accurate result 

Thanks 

I don't remember that DMVPN shows tunnels even after spoke-to-spoke is expired (phase3) with "show dmvpn". "show ip nhrp" is protocol level command which does not exist (even similar form).

Logic is no tunnel, no output (i.e no bfd, no result).

In SD-WAN you don't have such output.

HTH,
Please rate and mark as an accepted solution if you have found any of the information provided useful.

the tear-down time of the tunnel is meaningful since i am talking aboput the hubs and all of the Voip sessions start ( signal ) there and only then move to P2P ( RTP )
So if i test BFD on HUB it is not the true number