Views
Helpful
Replies

SDWAN underlay route via interface not next hop

etalaveran
Level 1
Level 1

Hi

I have an IR1101 router with Cellular interface(Cellular0/1/0).

This interface has  a /32 ip address.

I need to configure an ip route via this interface but it is not possible with VPN template that only allows next hop.

I'm trying with a CLI ADD-ON template like this, but  I get an error.

vpn 0

ip route X.X.X.X/16 Cellular0/1/0

There is a way to configure via templates (feature or CLI) a route with an outgoing interface rather than next hop?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

ekhabaro
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

There is no need for CLI addon template to configure static route via interface, you can configure next-hope as interface in a feature template as well. Moreover your syntax is incorrect in the CLI template, you don't need intent notation (ViptelaOS-like), you should use IOS syntax there (ip route / ip route vrf )

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

ekhabaro
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

There is no need for CLI addon template to configure static route via interface, you can configure next-hope as interface in a feature template as well. Moreover your syntax is incorrect in the CLI template, you don't need intent notation (ViptelaOS-like), you should use IOS syntax there (ip route / ip route vrf )

Hi

Thanks

I'll keep both solutions, self ip address next-hop and cli add-on.

Because in some cases the IP address could change

Do you have a link to a CLI add-on configuration guide ?

Hi
How do I set an interface as next-hop in a feature template?

inderdeeps
Level 4
Level 4

when you deploy template from your vManage, you always put the IP address of the interface and the next hop of that ip which is actually a ip route. So no need to put it via CLI command.

Regards
Inderdeep Singh

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card