cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

vSmart - cEdge Control connections

RS19
Level 4
Level 4

If a cEdge has 2 internet connections & there are 2 vSmart & in this scenario how many control connections will be establisehed.

Will it be 4 or 2 ? 4 means each internet link IP wll form connection with both the vSmart, so there should be 4.

Is my understanding right ?

4 Replies 4

Hi,

by default each interface is allowed to have 2 control connections (means connections to vSmart).

You have 2 interfaces and 2 vsmarts, with default settings result is 2*2=4 control connections > this can be verified by show sdwan control connections | include vsmart

Additional info: Keep in mind that, OMP session is only one between router and vsmart. So, you have 1 OMP with vsmart1 and another OMP with vsmart2. OMP sessions will be 2, not 4 (this is also with default setting, max-omp-sessions) > this can be verified by show sdwan omp peers

https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/solutions/CVD/SDWAN/cisco-sdwan-design-guide.html#SDWANController

HTH,
Please rate and mark as an accepted solution if you have found any of the information provided useful.

The edge try connect to any vsmart recieve it ip from vbond by using it wan interface.

You have two wan and two vsmart the control connection is 4.

MHM

In 1 of my cEdge which has 2 transport links  (2 vSmart), it has only 3 control connections.
Transport link - 1 : Control connections with 2 vSmart

Trasnport link - 2 : Control connection wiith 1 vSmart

Ideally it should be 4, but only 3. Is this normal ?

As I said before, by default it should be 4.

If you have 3, then do troubleshooting beginning from show sdwan control connection-history | inc [problematic_vsmart_systemIP] to find errors related that vsmart. Output should be from vedge router

HTH,
Please rate and mark as an accepted solution if you have found any of the information provided useful.

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card