Server Networking

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel

Cisco UCS X-Series Energy Efficiency Offer

Forum Posts

Has anyone run into this. We have a Nexus 7k with three VDC's I cannot copy run to start in any of the VDC'sI get the following when I tryITDHQN7K2-Core# copy running-config startup-config [########################################] 100%Configuration ...

Some hosts in our environment were abruptly removed before the VEM could be uninstalled from the host.  This has left us with some VEMs in the VSM reported as absent.  How can I remove them?  Modules 3-6n1kv# sho module vem mappingMod     Status     ...

I'm looking at a couple options for a small network in a data center.  I seem to be getting hung up on all the different options.  One of the options I'm looking at is end or row using both 2960Ss and Blade Center chassis switches with each physical ...

Resolved! Nexus "Clustering"

I'm working on a project that will at some point be using 2 x 5020 Nexus switches and 12 x 2248s. I've never worked with the platform before. The 5020s will be connected together and the 2248s dual homed to the 5020s. Is it possible to cluster the sw...

tobin_jim by Level 1
  • 3 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

What's the best practice to setup VMotion in UCS for 10GB Link.  Do I need to create a seperate vSwitch for VMotion in ESX or trunk the port with Service console? because that's how we have setup today, but I am kinda confused in UCS and looking for ...

Hi out thereI have setup a pair of nx5020 with a single "multihomed" nx2148 from where I wan't to add a number of 1Gig ports in a etherchannel to a cat 3750 - but I cannot get the etherchannel up - it claims that i cannot do this on a multichassis sw...

tiwang by Level 3
  • 18 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Good Morning!  I am requesting some assistance regarding VPC and getting LACP enabled.Let me explain my setup a little bit first.  I have also included a diagram to explain a little better.   We basically have a pair of Nexus 5k's which are connected...

jonesl1 by Level 1
  • 8 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hi out thereWe have a setup based on a blade center with 8 blade servers running vmware esxi 4.1 - we are using ms win2k3 terminalsers which is load-balanced with NLB - as long as we keep the VM's on the same ESXi host the NLB works fine in unicast m...

tiwang by Level 3
  • 7 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

I have looked around online on Cisco's site and scanned over the Nexus 5000 document and I cant seem to find the answers Im looking for. The document I am referring to can be found at http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/switches/datacenter/nexus5000/sw/c...

Hello, I have a n5k already configured with a fiber san and esx host running cna's.  I'm trying to add another and I just can't get the vfc to come up.  I've posted my config and a couple sho's that I've found through other discussions....DataSw2#  s...

i have a server with a qlogic CNA card connected to the nexus 5k.. The physical ethernet port seems to come up but the vfc interface refuses to come upI have tried many suggestions like cconfiguring the interface as trunk, making sure the fcoe vlan i...

ambi by Level 1
  • 5 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes