Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco UCS c220 Raid problem

Majid Jalinousi
Level 1
Level 1

Hi buddies,

When I want to make a raid 5 between hard disks of UCS c220 M4 all options are disabled like the attached pictures.

Do I need a activation key for that one?

Thanks in advance,

2 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

There is no activation key. Did you physically verify the cache module is installed and powered on? Does it show up in the CIMC under the storage controller? That would be the first step. 

Screen Shot 2017-12-13 at 9.31.54 AM.png

Here is the RAID guide:

https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/unified_computing/ucs/c/sw/raid/configuration/guide/RAID_GUIDE.pdf

View solution in original post

Thank you so much sir,

Our problem solved, the hard disk states were on the JBOD and after changing the mode to unconfigured good everything is ok.

I would be so appreciate if you describe me what is difference beween them?

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

Thank you,

According to the attached pictures and what you said it seems there is no FBWC option with our raid controller, but I ordered our server with this option, and if I think right for enabling FBWC I need to a activation key?

beside of that for enabling raid 10 how should I do? I would be so appreciate for any help.

BR,

There is no activation key. Did you physically verify the cache module is installed and powered on? Does it show up in the CIMC under the storage controller? That would be the first step. 

Screen Shot 2017-12-13 at 9.31.54 AM.png

Here is the RAID guide:

https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/unified_computing/ucs/c/sw/raid/configuration/guide/RAID_GUIDE.pdf

Thank you so much sir,

Our problem solved, the hard disk states were on the JBOD and after changing the mode to unconfigured good everything is ok.

I would be so appreciate if you describe me what is difference beween them?