Views
Helpful
Replies

N1k - Service Console

Mauricio Nakano
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I´m using two service consoles, vlan 300 associated to vswif0 and vlan 46 associated to vswif1.  Both are using the same Port-profile ethernet, but only vlan 300 is system vlan.

Should I add vlan 46 as system vlan? (The problem is that the vlan 46 is also used for data traffic).

Do you recommend that I use two service consoles? or  can I use only one service console?

Thanks in advance

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

abbharga
Level 4
Level 4

Hi,

Yes you can add the vlan 46 to the system vlan list.

For the service consoles are you using the same veth port-profile as the data traffic or are you using a different port profile.

If they are different then making the vlan 46 the system vlan on the veth port-profile for the SC will only bring up the veths using the vlan 46 service console port-profile as the system vlan ports and not the other data ports.

./Abhinav

View solution in original post

1 Reply 1

abbharga
Level 4
Level 4

Hi,

Yes you can add the vlan 46 to the system vlan list.

For the service consoles are you using the same veth port-profile as the data traffic or are you using a different port profile.

If they are different then making the vlan 46 the system vlan on the veth port-profile for the SC will only bring up the veths using the vlan 46 service console port-profile as the system vlan ports and not the other data ports.

./Abhinav