cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

NEXUS 2232TN-E - ASIC monitoring

brendanquinn
Level 1
Level 1

I have a set 2232TN-E connected to Nexus C7004, with the objective of connecting Nutanix Hyperconverged solution.

I'm aware of certain ACIS limitations (from my understanding -1280KB per ASIC group-8 ports although documentation on this is limited). 

The issue that I am having is identifiying a way to:

• Indicate if the ACIS's on the 2232 are being oversubcibed
  • SNMP monitoring of ACIS's

Interface monitoring (bps) I don't believe will provide the sub-second information that will be required.

Any assistance will be mush apprieciated. 

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Andrea Testino
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Brendan,

Unfortunately, support for SNMP monitoring of Fabric Extender ASICs and their corresponding drops is still not present nor roadmapped to any particular release.

You can definitely see if the 2232's ASICs are oversubscribed by checking for tail drops. This document can walk you through the entire process. 

Note: The document was written for the N5K/N6K but all the FEX troubleshooting commands remain the same across all platforms.

Hope this helps!

- Andrea

- Andrea, CCIE #56739 R&S

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

Andrea Testino
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Brendan,

Unfortunately, support for SNMP monitoring of Fabric Extender ASICs and their corresponding drops is still not present nor roadmapped to any particular release.

You can definitely see if the 2232's ASICs are oversubscribed by checking for tail drops. This document can walk you through the entire process. 

Note: The document was written for the N5K/N6K but all the FEX troubleshooting commands remain the same across all platforms.

Hope this helps!

- Andrea

- Andrea, CCIE #56739 R&S

Awesome information.