Views
Helpful
Replies

Problem Deploying Nexus 1000v

arikgelman
Level 4
Level 4

Hi,

I would very happy if someone can help me.

I am trying to install cisco 1000v on 5 X Esxi.

I was able to install the VSM and the VEM on each of the ESXi but I wasn't able to connect between them

Every time I am trying to add host to my nexus switch I am getting this error:

"vDS operation failed on host hostnamexxxx, An error occurred during host configuration. got (vim.fault.PlatformConfigFault) exception"

I don't have any svs neighbors and my "show module" shows only the VSM.

I am using Nexus 1000V Release 4.2(1)SV2(2.1) and ESXI version 5.1

I tried to use the install app that comes with this version but when I am trying to deploy the VSM I am getting some kind of error.

Thanks in advance

32 Replies 32

You need to add a new VMkernel interface and add it to the Nexus for VSM to VEM communication.

The mgmt 0 interface need to communicate with this VMkernel interface through the Nexus.

Hi,

Sorry for delayed response.

As you suggested , I created new VMkernel interface and after that able to see VEM in VSM .

During this communication between VSM and vCentre stopped,

Can you please suggest what is wrong.

Thanks

Surya

Hi,

I had same problem with my VEM not showing in VSM when I did Show Module. I created a Physical Adapter and linked a physical port on a physical switch to this adapter. So, I have two links to my ESX host. vEthernet0 is linked to vSwitch and vEthernet1 is linked to Physical Adapter I created. I have Layer 2 configuration. After doing this I was fine. I hope this makes sense.

Hardik