Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies
Highlighted
Beginner

Question about FHR when deploying LISP IGP Assist

We're looking at deploying LISP IGP Assist to reroute traffic when individual hosts are moved across the extended subnet to our backup data center, redistributing a corresponding /32 route into eigrp from lisp.  The primary switches at our data centers are Nexus 9Ks, which do not support LISP.  We also have ASR1001X routers at those locations which do support LISP (and in fact run the OTV which extends all the subnets.)  The problem is that the 9Ks are the default gateway for all the extended subnets and in my research I found the link http://yves-louis.com/DCI/?p=1419 which states that "LISP First Hop Router (FHR) must be configured as the Default Gateways for all hosts of interest as it uses ARP Messages to trigger the host route notification for the EIDs."  I have not found this assertion anywhere else, but if it is accurate it throws a big wrench in the works.  Does anyone know if there's a way to run LISP IGP Assist on a device that is NOT the extended subnet's default gateway?  if so, please post a link to an example (or, if it is not possible, a link that states this definitively, as corroboration of my link above.)

Thanks,

Mat Rouch

0 REPLIES 0
Content for Community-Ad
This widget could not be displayed.