Views
Helpful
Replies

Monitoring details for UCS-C servers

david.sprengers
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

If I look in the document at the link below, I have the impression that disk failures, power supply failures etc. are not alerted for Cisco UCS-C series rack-mount servers:

http://www.cisco.com/c/dam/en/us/td/docs/switches/lan/smart_call_home/user_guides/MonitoringDetails.pdf

Is that correct?

Best regards

1 Reply 1

Kelsey Loftin
Level 1
Level 1

Hi David,

Whether SCH hardware failure alerts are available for Cisco UCS-C servers depends on how you have it set up.

Is your UCS-C server integrated with UCSM? If so, all UCSM supported alerts are applicable to the integrated UCS-C servers as well. In that case, you can refer to the UCSM alerts section of the Monitoring Details, which does seem to include some hardware failure alerts. 

For more information on UCS-C/UCSM integration, check out the Managing UCS-C Server with SCH app note.

If your UCS-C server is not integrated with UCSM, or if the UCSM hardware failure alerts are not what you are looking to monitor, reply in this thread, and I'll see what else I can find out.

Thanks,

Kelsey

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: