cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Automated Software Distribution API

nick.heaton
Level 1
Level 1

I am a SNTC customer, and have the API Developer role assigned to my CCO ID in CSAM.

I can access the API Console and request applications/keys for various Cisco APIs, but the Automated Software Distribution API is not in the list.

Automated Software Distribution API -- https://developer.cisco.com/docs/support-apis/#automated-software-distribution

Which API from the list presented in the API Console grants me access to the Automated Software Distribution API? Here is all that I can select from.

- Bug API 2.0

- Bug V3 API

- Case API V3

- Cisco On Demand CHIDS API

- Conformance 2.0

- EOX V5 API

- Hello API

- HelloCommerce API

- Product Info API 1.0

- PSS APIs

- Serial Number to Information API

- Serial Number to Information API Version 2

- Service Order Return API

- Software Suggestion API V2

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

nick.heaton
Level 1
Level 1

For anyone else who has this issue, the API needs to show up in the API console before you can grant your "App" access to it.

It will literally be named "Automated Software Distribution"

Screen Shot 2021-10-04 at 9.59.11 AM.png

The only way for me to get this fixed was to contact TAC. Be prepared for several emails back and forth as the process doesn't seem to be ironed out on their backend. As to why this wasn't listed by default in the API Console with all of the other support APIs is anyone's guess...

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

neharani
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Nick,

I hope you are doing well!

The subjected issue has already been acknowledged by one of our team members (CCO: shipand2) in internal SR: 692261024 created by Mary Dickerson. Assistance will be provided on the SR.

Thanks!

Neha

nick.heaton
Level 1
Level 1

For anyone else who has this issue, the API needs to show up in the API console before you can grant your "App" access to it.

It will literally be named "Automated Software Distribution"

Screen Shot 2021-10-04 at 9.59.11 AM.png

The only way for me to get this fixed was to contact TAC. Be prepared for several emails back and forth as the process doesn't seem to be ironed out on their backend. As to why this wasn't listed by default in the API Console with all of the other support APIs is anyone's guess...

I went through all this pain in the hope it would generate a sessionalised URL I could download directly from my Cisco router with;

copy http://<uniquecloudurl> flash:xxxxxx.bin

It doesn't appear that is the case as the request to download the image has to be a POST request which Cisco IOS will not faciliate. Disappointing.